It was a lovely, brisk ride home this evening, in the mid-30s. Perfect for riding home, especially since the morning wind was gone.Â This is what I saw: Many cyclists riding into and out of downtown and around West Town sporting bright, flashing lights – nice work! One less-than-intelligent cyclist with no lights and no […]
by Samantha on December 7, 2011
by Samantha on June 30, 2011
Andrew was riding the Yuba Mundo to work the other morning, and as he rode by North pond in Lincoln Park,Â his route was blocked by this turtle trying to get across the path to the pond.Â As soon as that turtle saw the big orange bikeÂ he quickly withdrew into his shell.Â Â Andrew was […]
by Samantha on June 7, 2011
I was riding home from work last week and happened upon this bike and trailer – sorry for the poor quality iPhone photos, I didn’t have my camera with me. I didn’t have a chance to meet the rider/repair-person, but I did look up their website when I got home -Â http://www.pedaltothepeople.com/ We […]
by Samantha on May 31, 2011
If, like many other cyclists in Chicago, you use Hubbard Street as an East-West route between the Loop and the Near West Side you’ve probably noticed this building between Halsted and Desplaines.Â The giant clock caught my eye initially.Â When I check it out further the next time I rode by I realized that: The […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, February 6th, 6pm Streetsblog 1st Anniversary Meetup
Saturday, February 8th, 10:20am Palmer/Logan Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, February 8th 12pm Cozy Hearth Tweed Ride 4
Saturday, February 15th, 11am Winter Bike Swap 2014
Friday, February 21st, 6pm Opening Night : 17th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- A Gallery of Snow Bikes February 2, 2014
- Bike Parking & A Winter Visit to the Indiana Dunes January 24, 2014
- Celebrate Winter Bike to Work Day 2014 Next Week! January 16, 2014
- Chicago Critical Lass : The December 2013 Ride! December 24, 2013
- Bike Winter Chicago – What a Commute Looks Like December 16, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: I think you 're right. Some education/PSAs would g...
- Steven Vance: Could I ask you to update this post and provide a ...
- Elliott Mason: I bet by Dec 2015 we'll have it all straightened o...