It was a lovely, brisk ride home this evening, in the mid-30s. Perfect for riding home, especially since the morning wind was gone.Â This is what I saw: Many cyclists riding into and out of downtown and around West Town sporting bright, flashing lights – nice work! One less-than-intelligent cyclist with no lights and no [...]
by Samantha on December 7, 2011
by Samantha on June 30, 2011
Andrew was riding the Yuba Mundo to work the other morning, and as he rode by North pond in Lincoln Park,Â his route was blocked by this turtle trying to get across the path to the pond.Â As soon as that turtle saw the big orange bikeÂ he quickly withdrew into his shell.Â Â Andrew was [...]
by Samantha on June 7, 2011
I was riding home from work last week and happened upon this bike and trailer – sorry for the poor quality iPhone photos, I didn’t have my camera with me. I didn’t have a chance to meet the rider/repair-person, but I did look up their website when I got home -Â http://www.pedaltothepeople.com/ We [...]
by Samantha on May 31, 2011
If, like many other cyclists in Chicago, you use Hubbard Street as an East-West route between the Loop and the Near West Side you’ve probably noticed this building between Halsted and Desplaines.Â The giant clock caught my eye initially.Â When I check it out further the next time I rode by I realized that: The [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...