Here in Chicago the weather has finally made the turn towards spring (and Summer!) which means more and more cyclists are out on the roads and bike paths. Bike thieves are also out there too, right behind you. I’ve already spoken to some new bike commuters this spring and sent them back to store for [...]
by Samantha on May 15, 2013
by Samantha on November 6, 2012
I’ve written before on bike security and can’t emphasize enough the importance of spending a little extra money on a solid bike lock, especially in metro areas like Chicago.
by Samantha on October 29, 2011
These are the kind of posts I hate to write – I despise bike thieves and I feel horrible every time I read about a bike being stolen. A father and his daughter rode to the Lincoln Park Zoo on the 23rd and when they came out their bike was missing. This is a rare [...]
by Samantha on September 20, 2011
I’m seeing more and more Dutch bikes and Dutch-style bikes downtown during my daily commute, more mixtes, basically more non-hybrid or road bikes which makes me smile as I think that more people might be thinking about biking as good ole transportation. Unfortunately it also means I’m hearing about more of my favorite style of [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...