So now it’s January and the holidays are behind us – always a sort of bittersweet moment in time, time when I think back over the blur of the holidays. I was crazy busy like everyone else, and I had one Saturday afternoon late in December to get the final rounds of my shopping done. […]
by Samantha on January 5, 2012
by Samantha on October 3, 2011
Well.. OK, not really. But it was impeccable timing on the part of my Omafiets. She’s a year old now and I guess it was time to be feisty. Lets also be honest though – I am hard on my bike. I’m not a small rider – I’m 6ft tall and built like the Midwestern […]
by Samantha on October 2, 2011
It’s been a sad week here in Chicago if you’re a fan of Dutch-style bikes as the Dutch Bike Company store here in Chicago has closed it doors. Mr. Ding noticed that things looked kinda quiet at the store Friday morning when he went past the store, and then the folks over at Chicargobike broke […]
by Samantha on September 10, 2011
Now that we have the Yuba we can pretty much restock about anything in our house via bike. I used to be impressed that I could bring home 1/2 case of wine in the panniers on my Dutch bike. The orange Yuba Mundo kinda puts my Oma to shame. Earlier this summer we rode Oma […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Wednesday, December 18th 6:30pm December Critical Lass Ride
Sunday, December 1st, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 10:30am, Logan/Palmer Sqaure Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 12:00pm Dreidel Rampage
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from The Ding Ding Let’s Ride Family! November 27, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Roscoe Village November 2013 November 5, 2013
- Hauling Mid-Century Furniture On A Cargo Bike September 9, 2013
- Reader Nominated Bike Parking Hall of Fame: Schubas Tavern September 6, 2013
- New Bike Helmet – To Sticker or Not? September 2, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Sorry for the delayed response. Not sure about ex...
- Agatha Bitchy: How can you tell when a bike helmet is worn out? N...
- Girly Surly: Fall is the perfect time for bicycling. Let's rid...
- John Greenfield: As the guy who sited the bike racks several years ...
- Samantha: Approved...