So now it’s January and the holidays are behind us – always a sort of bittersweet moment in time, time when I think back over the blur of the holidays. I was crazy busy like everyone else, and I had one Saturday afternoon late in December to get the final rounds of my shopping done. [...]
by Samantha on January 5, 2012
by Samantha on October 3, 2011
Well.. OK, not really. But it was impeccable timing on the part of my Omafiets. She’s a year old now and I guess it was time to be feisty. Lets also be honest though – I am hard on my bike. I’m not a small rider – I’m 6ft tall and built like the Midwestern [...]
by Samantha on October 2, 2011
It’s been a sad week here in Chicago if you’re a fan of Dutch-style bikes as the Dutch Bike Company store here in Chicago has closed it doors. Mr. Ding noticed that things looked kinda quiet at the store Friday morning when he went past the store, and then the folks over at Chicargobike broke [...]
by Samantha on September 10, 2011
Now that we have the Yuba we can pretty much restock about anything in our house via bike. I used to be impressed that I could bring home 1/2 case of wine in the panniers on my Dutch bike. The orange Yuba Mundo kinda puts my Oma to shame. Earlier this summer we rode Oma [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...