I made my first visit to Austin TX recently, for the South By Southwest Interactive festival, and had the chance to bike around a very bike-friendly town.
by Samantha on January 24, 2014
We stopped by the Indiana Dunes near the new year, for a winter beach walk, and spotted some handy bike racks for (summer) beach-bound cyclists.
by Samantha on August 14, 2013
Harbor Springs Michigan is a bike-friendly town – lots of bikes, bike-friendly streets, and lots of bike racks too.
by Samantha on August 4, 2013
Mackinac Island is a bike-friendly tourist town that also gets it’s business done year-round, without motorized vehicles.
by Samantha on April 5, 2013
Recently we had a chance to visit a new, woman-owned bike shop and cafe in Omaha Nebraska, named the Omaha Bicycle Co. Great people, great service, great coffee.
by Samantha on April 2, 2013
The Ding Ding Let’s Ride family did a little road trip last week across IA & NE, and stopped in Ames Iowa to join a Kidical Mass ride. We had a great time.
by Samantha on September 3, 2012
I’ve just returned from a trip out to Nebraska to visit family, and during my stay in the “Gateway to the West” I made a point of meeting up with Sarah Johnson – bike shop manager, soon-to-be bikeshop owner (again), and a passionate member of the bike/transportation/ planning community in Omaha. You may remember her […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Sunday August 3rd, 3pm-6pm Sunday Ride - Bronzeville Gallery Ride
Saturday, August 9th 5-7pm Guerilla Flotilla 2014
Sunday, August 17th, 11:00am BikeChi Bike Brunch!
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...