I made my first visit to Austin TX recently, for the South By Southwest Interactive festival, and had the chance to bike around a very bike-friendly town.
by Samantha on January 24, 2014
We stopped by the Indiana Dunes near the new year, for a winter beach walk, and spotted some handy bike racks for (summer) beach-bound cyclists.
by Samantha on August 14, 2013
Harbor Springs Michigan is a bike-friendly town – lots of bikes, bike-friendly streets, and lots of bike racks too.
by Samantha on August 4, 2013
Mackinac Island is a bike-friendly tourist town that also gets it’s business done year-round, without motorized vehicles.
by Samantha on April 5, 2013
Recently we had a chance to visit a new, woman-owned bike shop and cafe in Omaha Nebraska, named the Omaha Bicycle Co. Great people, great service, great coffee.
by Samantha on April 2, 2013
The Ding Ding Let’s Ride family did a little road trip last week across IA & NE, and stopped in Ames Iowa to join a Kidical Mass ride. We had a great time.
by Samantha on September 3, 2012
I’ve just returned from a trip out to Nebraska to visit family, and during my stay in the “Gateway to the West” I made a point of meeting up with Sarah Johnson – bike shop manager, soon-to-be bikeshop owner (again), and a passionate member of the bike/transportation/ planning community in Omaha. You may remember her […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: I didn't even think about something like that - br...
- ladyfleur: I can ride to the office in my work clothes just f...
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...
- Samantha: Great question! You just caused me to go look up t...