It’s been snowing off and one for about a week here in Chicago, and so far the bike lanes are not being kept as clear as the rest of the streets in the city so you gotta be careful out there when you’re riding.
by Samantha on December 16, 2013
by Samantha on August 11, 2013
In which I learn that a Divvy bike is the perfect thing to get a co-worker WITH luggage from the office to my house for the weekend.
by Samantha on February 19, 2013
A video of part of my morning bike commute to work in downtown Chicago, in the rain. Over the bridge and through the Loop, to the Millennium Bike Station I go.
by Samantha on October 31, 2012
How can we keep vehicles out of protected bike lanes and when is it OK for them to park in one?
by Samantha on October 28, 2012
I was recently invited to be a guest blogger for the Campmor blog and provide some basic tips for commuting by bike.
by Samantha on January 29, 2012
We’ve had amazingly pleasant weather for most of the month of January here in Chicago – not much snow and temperatures hovering around 30 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit! I think the coldest day of 2012 so far was Winter Bike to Work Day (about 7F in the early am). Last week for example I enjoyed […]
by Samantha on January 17, 2012
This Friday (1/20) is Chicago’s Winter Bike To Work Day! According to my weather app of choice, there will be lows around 12 degrees Fahrenheit Thursday night, with highs on Friday in the mid 20s. There’s also a 60% chance of snow. Bring it on! If you can make it down to Daley Plaza in […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, April 24th, 6pm April Critical Lass Ride
Saturday, April 26th, 11:00am Bronzeville Legends Bike Ride
Tuesday, April 29th, 6-8pm April Bike-in Night at the Paramount Room
Sunday, May 4th, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 10th, 10:30am Logan/Palmer Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 17th, 10am South Loop Kidical Mass Ride
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Women on Wheels 1 Day Bike Fest This Saturday! April 8, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 2 April 4, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 1 April 2, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: What Are Cargo Bikes? April 1, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014 & Cargo Bike Roll Call This Sunday! March 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Samantha: And yes.. installing a bike rack itself doesn't he...
- Samantha: Glad you found it helpful, and that you enjoyed th...
- Family Ride: Help for putting into words what bugs me about our...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...