It’s been snowing off and one for about a week here in Chicago, and so far the bike lanes are not being kept as clear as the rest of the streets in the city so you gotta be careful out there when you’re riding.
by Samantha on December 16, 2013
by Samantha on August 11, 2013
In which I learn that a Divvy bike is the perfect thing to get a co-worker WITH luggage from the office to my house for the weekend.
by Samantha on February 19, 2013
A video of part of my morning bike commute to work in downtown Chicago, in the rain. Over the bridge and through the Loop, to the Millennium Bike Station I go.
by Samantha on October 31, 2012
How can we keep vehicles out of protected bike lanes and when is it OK for them to park in one?
by Samantha on October 28, 2012
I was recently invited to be a guest blogger for the Campmor blog and provide some basic tips for commuting by bike.
by Samantha on January 29, 2012
We’ve had amazingly pleasant weather for most of the month of January here in Chicago – not much snow and temperatures hovering around 30 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit! I think the coldest day of 2012 so far was Winter Bike to Work Day (about 7F in the early am). Last week for example I enjoyed […]
by Samantha on January 17, 2012
This Friday (1/20) is Chicago’s Winter Bike To Work Day! According to my weather app of choice, there will be lows around 12 degrees Fahrenheit Thursday night, with highs on Friday in the mid 20s. There’s also a 60% chance of snow. Bring it on! If you can make it down to Daley Plaza in […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- Bike Talk: Breathable Padded Bike Shorts For Women June 22, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...