Part two of my survey of local Chicago bike shops that sell cargo bikes.
by Samantha on April 4, 2014
by Samantha on September 3, 2012
I’ve just returned from a trip out to Nebraska to visit family, and during my stay in the “Gateway to the West” I made a point of meeting up with Sarah Johnson – bike shop manager, soon-to-be bikeshop owner (again), and a passionate member of the bike/transportation/ planning community in Omaha. You may remember her […]
by Samantha on March 28, 2012
It seems to be a growing trend – at least in the US – bike shops that do double duty as cafes. Whether it be just coffees and fancy sodas, or beer and wine a few bike shops around the country are adding a new retail twist to the traditional bikes + accessories line up. […]
by Samantha on March 25, 2012
In case you were wondering – like some folks were over on the chainlink.org – about the recent odd hours over at Copenhagen Cyclery in Wicker Park, wonder no more. It seems that their esteemed manager Phil has left to take a job with ABUS locks (I do love my ABUS lock by the […]
by Samantha on January 25, 2012
I bike to work pretty much year-round, and these days I park my bike in the McDonald Cycle Center in Millennium Park.Â Â (If you are interested in more pictures of the bike station check out my post from last spring ).Â During the warmer months of the year, the mechanics at the station keep pretty […]
by Samantha on October 2, 2011
It’s been a sad week here in Chicago if you’re a fan of Dutch-style bikes as the Dutch Bike Company store here in Chicago has closed it doors. Mr. Ding noticed that things looked kinda quiet at the store Friday morning when he went past the store, and then the folks over at Chicargobike broke […]
by Samantha on December 1, 2010
And yes.. there are real jingle bells inside. Would you expect anything else?
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Meet the Bike Friday Haul-a-Day Cargo Bike January 31, 2015
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Jeff Strehl-Roberts: Hello all, My name is Jeff Strehl-Roberts and I a...
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...