I’ve just returned from a trip out to Nebraska to visit family, and during my stay in the “Gateway to the West” I made a point of meeting up with Sarah Johnson – bike shop manager, soon-to-be bikeshop owner (again), and a passionate member of the bike/transportation/ planning community in Omaha. You may remember her [...]
by Samantha on September 3, 2012
by Samantha on March 28, 2012
It seems to be a growing trend – at least in the US – bike shops that do double duty as cafes. Whether it be just coffees and fancy sodas, or beer and wine a few bike shops around the country are adding a new retail twist to the traditional bikes + accessories line up. [...]
by Samantha on March 25, 2012
In case you were wondering – like some folks were over on the chainlink.org – about the recent odd hours over at Copenhagen Cyclery in Wicker Park, wonder no more. It seems that their esteemed manager Phil has left to take a job with ABUS locks (I do love my ABUS lock by the [...]
by Samantha on January 25, 2012
I bike to work pretty much year-round, and these days I park my bike in the McDonald Cycle Center in Millennium Park.Â Â (If you are interested in more pictures of the bike station check out my post from last spring ).Â During the warmer months of the year, the mechanics at the station keep pretty [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...