In honor of the 106th Chicago to Mackinac sailboat race that is taking place this weekend, I’m doing a weekend bike parking post on the bike racks in Dusable Harbor next to the entrance to the Columbia Yacht Club.
by Samantha on July 20, 2014
by Samantha on June 27, 2014
Today I’m covering new buildings that are starting off on a great foot with really nice bike parking facilities here in Chicago.
by Samantha on May 23, 2014
The old Dominick’s grocery store in Ukrainian Village has seen a huge increase in the amount of bike parking since it was converted to a Mariano’s grocery store in March 2014.
by Samantha on March 28, 2014
A Bike Friday review of the bike parking at the Target store on Division Street in Chicago, and a few other Chicago locations.
by Samantha on January 24, 2014
We stopped by the Indiana Dunes near the new year, for a winter beach walk, and spotted some handy bike racks for (summer) beach-bound cyclists.
by Samantha on September 6, 2013
This week’s Bike Parking Friday post comes via Ding Ding Let’s Ride reader Russ Flinchum. He wrote in and nominated Schubas Tavern on the corner of Southport and Belmont for Bike Parking Hall of Fame status. Schubas was built in 1903, one of over 50 Schlitz tied-houses built in Chicago between 1883 and 1905. It’s […]
by Samantha on August 16, 2013
The Container Store in the Chicago Lincoln Park neighborhood has a couple of great bike racks right in front of the store. Kudos for good bike parking.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...