Over the weekend we were out and about and spotted this old Sears bike. We looked a little closer and the head-badge read “Made in Austria”.
by Samantha on September 13, 2012
by Samantha on May 22, 2011
We weren’t really planning on buying another bike, but we have been trying to figure out how we were going to continue to ride everywhere we want as a family. With Little Ding riding his own bike instead of being towed in the bike trailer, we’ve been enjoying family rides in which we all ride […]
by Samantha on May 2, 2011
Recently I had a chance to make a trip up to Logan Square and pay a visit to the folks at Boulevard Bikes – a great neighborhood bike shop right on the circle. Along with the Surlys, Bianchis, Manhattan Greens and other bikes, they are also the exclusive (I believe?) Chicago dealer for Pashley – […]
by Samantha on April 13, 2011
I don’t usually write much about inexpensive department store bikes (Kmart, Target, etc) Â since besides the price, they don’t have a lot of features worth recommending – they’re not sturdy and generally don’t hold up to any sort of regular, daily riding. Â That being said, Â I do come across some interesting vintage bikes once in […]
by Samantha on April 7, 2011
Last Sunday, at the Women Who Bike brunch, I had the opportunity to see Megan again and get a few pictures of her great city bike – a Gary Fisher Simple City. I remembered her bike from previous brunches and was hoping I’d run into her or another one of our brunch mates who also […]
by Samantha on March 22, 2011
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I had the opportunity to take one of the Gazelle Toer Populairs out for at spin while Vince at the Dutch Bike Company swapped out the studded tires on my Oma. They sell a couple of different Gazelle models, but this one is my favorite. As you can see […]
by Samantha on February 21, 2011
A Vintage Monark-Silver King bike and a little Chicago bike history.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...
- Samantha: I didn't even think about something like that - br...
- ladyfleur: I can ride to the office in my work clothes just f...
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...