Over the weekend we were out and about and spotted this old Sears bike. We looked a little closer and the head-badge read “Made in Austria”.
by Samantha on September 13, 2012
by Samantha on May 22, 2011
We weren’t really planning on buying another bike, but we have been trying to figure out how we were going to continue to ride everywhere we want as a family. With Little Ding riding his own bike instead of being towed in the bike trailer, we’ve been enjoying family rides in which we all ride […]
by Samantha on May 2, 2011
Recently I had a chance to make a trip up to Logan Square and pay a visit to the folks at Boulevard Bikes – a great neighborhood bike shop right on the circle. Along with the Surlys, Bianchis, Manhattan Greens and other bikes, they are also the exclusive (I believe?) Chicago dealer for Pashley – […]
by Samantha on April 13, 2011
I don’t usually write much about inexpensive department store bikes (Kmart, Target, etc) Â since besides the price, they don’t have a lot of features worth recommending – they’re not sturdy and generally don’t hold up to any sort of regular, daily riding. Â That being said, Â I do come across some interesting vintage bikes once in […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, February 6th, 6pm Streetsblog 1st Anniversary Meetup
Saturday, February 8th, 10:20am Palmer/Logan Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, February 8th 12pm Cozy Hearth Tweed Ride 4
Saturday, February 15th, 11am Winter Bike Swap 2014
Friday, February 21st, 6pm Opening Night : 17th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- A Gallery of Snow Bikes February 2, 2014
- Bike Parking & A Winter Visit to the Indiana Dunes January 24, 2014
- Celebrate Winter Bike to Work Day 2014 Next Week! January 16, 2014
- Chicago Critical Lass : The December 2013 Ride! December 24, 2013
- Bike Winter Chicago – What a Commute Looks Like December 16, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: I think you 're right. Some education/PSAs would g...
- Steven Vance: Could I ask you to update this post and provide a ...
- Elliott Mason: I bet by Dec 2015 we'll have it all straightened o...