Over the weekend we were out and about and spotted this old Sears bike. We looked a little closer and the head-badge read “Made in Austria”.
by Samantha on September 13, 2012
by Samantha on May 22, 2011
We weren’t really planning on buying another bike, but we have been trying to figure out how we were going to continue to ride everywhere we want as a family. With Little Ding riding his own bike instead of being towed in the bike trailer, we’ve been enjoying family rides in which we all ride […]
by Samantha on May 2, 2011
Recently I had a chance to make a trip up to Logan Square and pay a visit to the folks at Boulevard Bikes – a great neighborhood bike shop right on the circle. Along with the Surlys, Bianchis, Manhattan Greens and other bikes, they are also the exclusive (I believe?) Chicago dealer for Pashley – […]
by Samantha on April 13, 2011
I don’t usually write much about inexpensive department store bikes (Kmart, Target, etc) Â since besides the price, they don’t have a lot of features worth recommending – they’re not sturdy and generally don’t hold up to any sort of regular, daily riding. Â That being said, Â I do come across some interesting vintage bikes once in […]
by Samantha on April 7, 2011
Last Sunday, at the Women Who Bike brunch, I had the opportunity to see Megan again and get a few pictures of her great city bike – a Gary Fisher Simple City. I remembered her bike from previous brunches and was hoping I’d run into her or another one of our brunch mates who also […]
by Samantha on March 22, 2011
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I had the opportunity to take one of the Gazelle Toer Populairs out for at spin while Vince at the Dutch Bike Company swapped out the studded tires on my Oma. They sell a couple of different Gazelle models, but this one is my favorite. As you can see […]
by Samantha on February 21, 2011
A Vintage Monark-Silver King bike and a little Chicago bike history.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Sunday August 3rd, 3pm-6pm Sunday Ride - Bronzeville Gallery Ride
Saturday, August 9th 5-7pm Guerilla Flotilla 2014
Sunday, August 17th, 11:00am BikeChi Bike Brunch!
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...