Over the weekend we were out and about and spotted this old Sears bike. We looked a little closer and the head-badge read “Made in Austria”.
by Samantha on September 13, 2012
by Samantha on May 22, 2011
We weren’t really planning on buying another bike, but we have been trying to figure out how we were going to continue to ride everywhere we want as a family. With Little Ding riding his own bike instead of being towed in the bike trailer, we’ve been enjoying family rides in which we all ride […]
by Samantha on May 2, 2011
Recently I had a chance to make a trip up to Logan Square and pay a visit to the folks at Boulevard Bikes – a great neighborhood bike shop right on the circle. Along with the Surlys, Bianchis, Manhattan Greens and other bikes, they are also the exclusive (I believe?) Chicago dealer for Pashley – […]
by Samantha on April 13, 2011
I don’t usually write much about inexpensive department store bikes (Kmart, Target, etc) Â since besides the price, they don’t have a lot of features worth recommending – they’re not sturdy and generally don’t hold up to any sort of regular, daily riding. Â That being said, Â I do come across some interesting vintage bikes once in […]
by Samantha on April 7, 2011
Last Sunday, at the Women Who Bike brunch, I had the opportunity to see Megan again and get a few pictures of her great city bike – a Gary Fisher Simple City. I remembered her bike from previous brunches and was hoping I’d run into her or another one of our brunch mates who also […]
by Samantha on March 22, 2011
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I had the opportunity to take one of the Gazelle Toer Populairs out for at spin while Vince at the Dutch Bike Company swapped out the studded tires on my Oma. They sell a couple of different Gazelle models, but this one is my favorite. As you can see […]
by Samantha on February 21, 2011
A Vintage Monark-Silver King bike and a little Chicago bike history.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, April 24th, 6pm April Critical Lass Ride
Saturday, April 26th, 11:00am Bronzeville Legends Bike Ride
Tuesday, April 29th, 6-8pm April Bike-in Night at the Paramount Room
Sunday, May 4th, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 10th, 10:30am Logan/Palmer Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 17th, 10am South Loop Kidical Mass Ride
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Women on Wheels 1 Day Bike Fest This Saturday! April 8, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 2 April 4, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 1 April 2, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: What Are Cargo Bikes? April 1, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014 & Cargo Bike Roll Call This Sunday! March 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Samantha: And yes.. installing a bike rack itself doesn't he...
- Samantha: Glad you found it helpful, and that you enjoyed th...
- Family Ride: Help for putting into words what bugs me about our...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...