I try to keep up my extensive list of the different types of adaptive bikes available for kids on my blog, and I’m always looking for an opportunity to check one out in person – usually with the help of our young rider LD to get the most expert kid-sized advice. Recently, Stacy from […]
by Samantha on April 14, 2013
by Samantha on March 23, 2013
The Pittsburgh branch of Variety Children’s Charity launched a “My Bike” Program in November to get adaptive bikes to special needs kids. They’re looking for more kids who will be as ecstatic as this 13-year old with Spina Bifida was, to have a bike they can ride on their more. An organization called Preston’s March is “continuing its […]
by Samantha on March 5, 2013
Thanks to groups like Variety – the Children’s Charity., kids who need expensive adaptive bikes can get access to them.
by Samantha on February 24, 2013
A look back over the the various adaptive bikes we’ve had for our young rider, and the progress and biking skills he’s gained along the way.
by Samantha on October 1, 2012
As you probably know, when I started this blog, I was researching adaptive bike options for the youngest rider in our family – LD, aka “Little Ding”. We discovered the folks at the The Bike Rack in St. Charles IL, who run Creative Mobility -they specialize in providing the right equipment needs for adaptive […]
by Samantha on September 2, 2012
The Great Lakes Adaptive Sports Association - headquartered in Lake Forest Illinois, is looking for a full-time Program Director. If you are unfamiliar with GLASA, you should check our their website or facebook page to learn more about their mission, and recently, some of the paralympic athletes they support. The mission of GLASA is “to promote and support […]
by Samantha on June 12, 2012
The weekend before last we hopped on our bikes and rode down over to Burnham Harbor near Soldier Field for an opportunity to check out an adaptive sailing program that offers lessons and competitions for kids and adults. It was a great day for a bike ride in the city! We rode through the loop […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...
- Samantha: Great question! You just caused me to go look up t...
- John: I have a very similar Thule rack but it's only wei...
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...