I’ve got a City Bikes page here on my blog where I note any cool “City Bikes” that I test ride or come across during my daily work commute or other rides around the city. For the purposes of this blog, a “City” bike is almost any upright-style bike that while not a cruiser bike, […]
by Samantha on November 13, 2011
by Samantha on September 13, 2010
My focus on this bike blog is not on racing bikes, touring bikes, or even mountain bikes – though I do love a good mountain bike. Instead, I write about upright bikes – those bikes that a wide-range of cyclists with varying ability can take advantage of. These types of bikes can serve many different […]
by Samantha on September 10, 2010
Last week when I rode to work I spotted a black bike locked up at the rack outside my office. It’s as if that bike rack has become a magnet for interesting city bikes.
by Samantha on September 9, 2010
It’s been a little busy at the house of Ding Ding Let’s Ride lately,Â and I’ve fallen behind in my posts.Â I haven’t fallen behind in my bike-riding, because I ride every day. Just haven’t had the time to write about it.Â And now the bike situation is getting grimÂ – I’ve been delaying maintenance […]
by Samantha on August 30, 2010
Did someone announce a “Ride-Your-Specialized-Globe-Bike-to-Work-Friday” and I missed it? It certainly seemed like it was last week. It was a beautiful day in Chicago and as I was walking back to my office downtown I spotted this lovely red bike locked up along Washington Street. Pardon the iPhone pictures. I admit that I was not […]
by Samantha on August 17, 2010
Now isn’t that a beautiful bike? Yessirree, that’s the Civia Loring – a great-looking bike made by Civia – a bike brand created in 2007 by those same folks in Minnesota who brought us the Surly, Salsa Cycles, Handspun, and Winwood brands of bikes.
by Samantha on August 4, 2010
This is a downtown bike rack that I ran across in Holland, Michigan over the weekend.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...