I’ve got a City Bikes page here on my blog where I note any cool “City Bikes” that I test ride or come across during my daily work commute or other rides around the city. For the purposes of this blog, a “City” bike is almost any upright-style bike that while not a cruiser bike, […]
by Samantha on November 13, 2011
by Samantha on September 13, 2010
My focus on this bike blog is not on racing bikes, touring bikes, or even mountain bikes – though I do love a good mountain bike. Instead, I write about upright bikes – those bikes that a wide-range of cyclists with varying ability can take advantage of. These types of bikes can serve many different […]
by Samantha on September 10, 2010
Last week when I rode to work I spotted a black bike locked up at the rack outside my office. It’s as if that bike rack has become a magnet for interesting city bikes.
by Samantha on September 9, 2010
It’s been a little busy at the house of Ding Ding Let’s Ride lately,Â and I’ve fallen behind in my posts.Â I haven’t fallen behind in my bike-riding, because I ride every day. Just haven’t had the time to write about it.Â And now the bike situation is getting grimÂ – I’ve been delaying maintenance […]
by Samantha on August 30, 2010
Did someone announce a “Ride-Your-Specialized-Globe-Bike-to-Work-Friday” and I missed it? It certainly seemed like it was last week. It was a beautiful day in Chicago and as I was walking back to my office downtown I spotted this lovely red bike locked up along Washington Street. Pardon the iPhone pictures. I admit that I was not […]
by Samantha on August 17, 2010
Now isn’t that a beautiful bike? Yessirree, that’s the Civia Loring – a great-looking bike made by Civia – a bike brand created in 2007 by those same folks in Minnesota who brought us the Surly, Salsa Cycles, Handspun, and Winwood brands of bikes.
by Samantha on August 4, 2010
This is a downtown bike rack that I ran across in Holland, Michigan over the weekend.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- Bike Talk: Breathable Padded Bike Shorts For Women June 22, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...