I’ve written before on bike security and can’t emphasize enough the importance of spending a little extra money on a solid bike lock, especially in metro areas like Chicago.
by Samantha on November 6, 2012
by Samantha on March 9, 2011
Gloomy gloomy news was to be found on Twitter yesterday afternoon, when I heard that Vince, the manger of The Dutch Bike Co., here in Chicago, had his beloved Dutch bike stolen off his deck.Â Evil bike thieves.Â May karma do its thing. Sometime on Sunday night someone came to my apartment building sawed off […]
by Samantha on December 7, 2010
If you saw my post yesterday, you know that after we finished up the food part of the December installation of the “Women Who Ride” brunch, we all rode our bikes over to Pulaski Park Fieldhouse for the holiday version of the Renegade Craft fair . The fair started as a summer fair (I believe?) […]
by Samantha on October 7, 2010
When I bought my new bike I planned on getting a new lock too – wanted to keep my U-lock for my mountain bike. I did a little research and wrote about my findings in this post. Since I knew the Dutch Bike Company carried the ABUS brand locks that I decided I would purchase, […]
by Samantha on August 13, 2010
Sad news sad news.. my friend Mary reports that her Electra Townie was stolen while parked in front of the Century movie theater at Clark & Diversey last week. She was w/o her usual lock so she and her friend locked their bikes together with a cable lock. 90 minutes later, and they were shy […]
by Samantha on June 30, 2010
Once Little Ding got his own bike we outgrew our 2-bike car rack. Not such a bad thing since Mr. Ding has never enjoyed long trips with the strap-based bike rack. It’s never caused us any problems , always been great. The fact that it was hooked to our car with straps and hooks though, […]
by Samantha on June 23, 2010
Biking in Chicago, New York, LA, London, etc. means going the extra mile when it comes to securing your bike. Cable locks and cheap U-locks won’t last a day in one of these cities. Just check the numbers on the Chicago Stolen Bike Registry and you’ll see that cable locks represent the largest percentage of […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...
- Samantha: Great question! You just caused me to go look up t...
- John: I have a very similar Thule rack but it's only wei...
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...