I’ve written before on bike security and can’t emphasize enough the importance of spending a little extra money on a solid bike lock, especially in metro areas like Chicago.
by Samantha on November 6, 2012
by Samantha on March 9, 2011
Gloomy gloomy news was to be found on Twitter yesterday afternoon, when I heard that Vince, the manger of The Dutch Bike Co., here in Chicago, had his beloved Dutch bike stolen off his deck.Â Evil bike thieves.Â May karma do its thing. Sometime on Sunday night someone came to my apartment building sawed off […]
by Samantha on December 7, 2010
A quick review of a couple of bike-themed vendors at the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago.
by Samantha on October 7, 2010
When I bought my new bike I planned on getting a new lock too – wanted to keep my U-lock for my mountain bike. I did a little research and wrote about my findings in this post. Since I knew the Dutch Bike Company carried the ABUS brand locks that I decided I would purchase, […]
by Samantha on August 13, 2010
Sad news sad news.. my friend Mary reports that her Electra Townie was stolen while parked in front of the Century movie theater at Clark & Diversey last week. She was w/o her usual lock so she and her friend locked their bikes together with a cable lock. 90 minutes later, and they were shy […]
by Samantha on June 30, 2010
Once Little Ding got his own bike we outgrew our 2-bike car rack. Not such a bad thing since Mr. Ding has never enjoyed long trips with the strap-based bike rack. It’s never caused us any problems , always been great. The fact that it was hooked to our car with straps and hooks though, […]
by Samantha on June 23, 2010
Biking in Chicago, New York, LA, London, etc. means going the extra mile when it comes to securing your bike. Cable locks and cheap U-locks won’t last a day in one of these cities. Just check the numbers on the Chicago Stolen Bike Registry and you’ll see that cable locks represent the largest percentage of […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Meet the Bike Friday Haul-a-Day Cargo Bike January 31, 2015
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Jeff Strehl-Roberts: Hello all, My name is Jeff Strehl-Roberts and I a...
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...