I saw a lot of bike bags recently at the Chicago Bike Swap, which you can read about in the follow-up post that I wrote. I started doing a little research, especially since I’m looking around for a new spring-ish bike bag/purse to tote around on my Dutch bike, and the easiest way to keep […]
by Samantha on March 26, 2013
by Samantha on January 5, 2012
So now it’s January and the holidays are behind us – always a sort of bittersweet moment in time, time when I think back over the blur of the holidays. I was crazy busy like everyone else, and I had one Saturday afternoon late in December to get the final rounds of my shopping done. […]
by Samantha on December 13, 2010
Before the rain that turned to snow came to town this past weekend, we had a lovely sunny Friday afternoon, temps were in the mid-30s and the wind was practically non-existent.Â A great day to be out riding.Â I had a few stops to make in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago and as I […]
by Samantha on November 23, 2010
Grocery shopping on a Dutch bike.
by Samantha on October 21, 2010
I’ve now had Oma for almost a month – and I am very very happy with this bike. I’ sure I’ll be just as happy in two years with her as Dottie is with her Oma on her two-year Oma-Anniversary this week! Oma is a great bike and every day I look for errands that […]
by Samantha on October 19, 2010
The weather here in Chicago this October has been absolutely beautiful!Â Almost every day has been warm and sunny and begging for an excuse to be outside.Â This past weekend was no exception.Â We had Little Ding with us and there was no way he was not going to miss being outside on his bike.Â Â […]
by Samantha on October 9, 2010
Which grocery stores in Chicago provide adequate bike parking and which ones do not and are breaking the law in Chicago.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Sunday August 3rd, 3pm-6pm Sunday Ride - Bronzeville Gallery Ride
Saturday, August 9th 5-7pm Guerilla Flotilla 2014
Sunday, August 17th, 11:00am BikeChi Bike Brunch!
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...