As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I had the opportunity to take one of the Gazelle Toer Populairs out for at spin while Vince at the Dutch Bike Company swapped out the studded tires on my Oma. They sell a couple of different Gazelle models, but this one is my favorite. As you can see […]
by Samantha on December 16, 2010
So if you happened to mosey over to the wonderful Bike Fancy photo blog yesterday, you would have discovered a lovely photo of yours truly taken by Martha – I’m no good at posing but Martha rocks as a photographer! Not to be outdone, Oma had to do a little posing of her own, sans […]
by Samantha on December 9, 2010
About a week ago I wrote a post about using studded bike tires on a Dutch bike. This is my first winter riding an upright Dutch bike, and I had heard other Dutch bike owners who ride in Chicago year-round discuss the benefits of studded tires. The post received a lot of great comments from […]
by Samantha on December 1, 2010
And yes.. there are real jingle bells inside. Would you expect anything else?
by Samantha on November 29, 2010
A week or so ago I was talking with some bike people here in Chicago who ride Omafiets year-round and the topic of winter riding and snow tires came up. I have to say that I hadn’t really thought about it. I’ve been riding year-round for a few years, but until this year I’ve been […]
by Samantha on November 24, 2010
It’s been a rainy, cold, dreary Wednesday-before-Thanksgiving here in Chicago – just about right for kicking off the winter holidays. Today I took Little Ding and Grandma Ding to the Museum of Science and Industry since Little Ding didn’t have school. They don’t let kids ride their bikes inside obviously, so Little Ding couldn’t maneuver […]
by Samantha on November 23, 2010
Grocery shopping on a Dutch bike.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...