So now it’s January and the holidays are behind us – always a sort of bittersweet moment in time, time when I think back over the blur of the holidays. I was crazy busy like everyone else, and I had one Saturday afternoon late in December to get the final rounds of my shopping done. […]
by Samantha on January 5, 2012
by Samantha on August 30, 2011
While Hurricane Irene was barreling up the East Coast of the United States over the weekend, we had beautiful blue skies and sunny days both Saturday and Sunday here in Chicago. Great days for riding your bikes in the city. We had a few errands to run in Old Town on Sunday, so we grabbed […]
by Samantha on May 29, 2011
We rode our bikes to the store this morning and when we came out of the store, the first downpour of the day had started. There sat my Omafiets in the pouring rain, wearing her new saddle cover.
by Samantha on April 5, 2011
There’s just something about loading up Oma with all sorts of stuff that makes me proud. I’ve put an entire case of beer (bottles) on the front before, but this was a slightly new challenge. And it worked just fine. I made a run to the store before some friends came over, and we were […]
by Samantha on March 29, 2011
Just letting everyone know that I spent some time over the weekend updating the Dutch Bikes page on this blog. Since I started this blog last year, I’ve met a lot of other bike bloggers who write about Dutch bikes (which I wrote about in an earlier post) and learned a little more about the bikes […]
by Samantha on January 22, 2011
We finally had some snow instead of ice here in Chicago, got a light dusting this morning. It was just enough snow to make everything look a little pretty again, but not enough to really mess up the streets, especially since the temperatures are holding steady in the mid-teens. I had some errands to run […]
by Samantha on January 15, 2011
Sorry for the drop-off in posts at the end of the week, but we were experiencing some technical difficulties here at the house of Ding which left me without access to my laptop or any photo drives or external devices of any sort. That meant my planned posts would have had no pictures. Mr. Ding […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...