So now it’s January and the holidays are behind us – always a sort of bittersweet moment in time, time when I think back over the blur of the holidays. I was crazy busy like everyone else, and I had one Saturday afternoon late in December to get the final rounds of my shopping done. […]
by Samantha on January 5, 2012
by Samantha on August 30, 2011
While Hurricane Irene was barreling up the East Coast of the United States over the weekend, we had beautiful blue skies and sunny days both Saturday and Sunday here in Chicago. Great days for riding your bikes in the city. We had a few errands to run in Old Town on Sunday, so we grabbed […]
by Samantha on May 29, 2011
Andrew and I rode our bikes to the store this morning and when we came out of the store to load up our bikes, the first downpour of the day had begun. There sat my Omafiets in the pouring rain, wearing her new saddle cover. All winter I’ve been using a plastic bag, but I […]
by Samantha on April 5, 2011
There’s just something about loading up Oma with all sorts of stuff that makes me proud. I’ve put an entire case of beer (bottles) on the front before, but this was a slightly new challenge. And it worked just fine. I made a run to the store before some friends came over, and we were […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, February 6th, 6pm Streetsblog 1st Anniversary Meetup
Saturday, February 8th, 10:20am Palmer/Logan Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, February 8th 12pm Cozy Hearth Tweed Ride 4
Saturday, February 15th, 11am Winter Bike Swap 2014
Friday, February 21st, 6pm Opening Night : 17th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- A Gallery of Snow Bikes February 2, 2014
- Bike Parking & A Winter Visit to the Indiana Dunes January 24, 2014
- Celebrate Winter Bike to Work Day 2014 Next Week! January 16, 2014
- Chicago Critical Lass : The December 2013 Ride! December 24, 2013
- Bike Winter Chicago – What a Commute Looks Like December 16, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: I think you 're right. Some education/PSAs would g...
- Steven Vance: Could I ask you to update this post and provide a ...
- Elliott Mason: I bet by Dec 2015 we'll have it all straightened o...