This past Saturday, we celebrated the 3rd year of Kidical Mass rides in Chicago with a blustery Palmer Square ride – the original neighborhood to host Kidical Mass rides in Chicago. We gained two more Chicago neighborhood rides this past summer – Hyde Park and Lincoln Square! Now you’ve got three choices on different weekends, […]
by Samantha on March 19, 2013
by Samantha on January 28, 2013
Here’s my 3-minute video of our January 2013 Chicago Kidical Mass ride with a surf music soundtrack in honor of the live tunes we had during our ride. We rode from Palmer Square to Humboldt Park.
by Samantha on January 8, 2013
Little D was still on Christmas break last week, so we decided one night during the week was ‘go out to dinner night by bike’ night. So, I rode my bike home from work that night to meet up with Andrew and Little Ding so we could ride together to dinner. It was also a […]
by Samantha on February 27, 2012
I’m sure you’ve noticed that I don’t publish blog posts as much as I first did when I started this blog. It’s not due to a lack of material by any means, or a loss of interest.Â Instead, it’s due to a lack of time.Â There are only so many hours in a day, and […]
by Samantha on January 31, 2012
This past Friday night was a great night to be out riding – at least before the snow started – low 30s and no real wind. We had to pick up Little D so we decided on a bike + El trip. Since I generally ride to work everyday, I already had my bike with […]
by Samantha on November 1, 2011
We tried out some new Halloween activities this year and one of the big hits in our house was Spooky Seas Family Overnight at the Shedd Aquarium. We really love the aquarium (we’re members) – it’s a great facility and a beautiful one as well, the way it is situated right along the lakefront on […]
by Samantha on August 16, 2011
This past weekend saw the August edition of a Chicago Kidical Mass ride take off. This month’s ride was a “Garden Ride”. We rode our way around the greater Logan Square neighborhood and made stops at two community gardens to meet the gardeners, wander through the greenery, sample kale and other fresh garden goodies, and […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, April 24th, 6pm April Critical Lass Ride
Saturday, April 26th, 11:00am Bronzeville Legends Bike Ride
Tuesday, April 29th, 6-8pm April Bike-in Night at the Paramount Room
Sunday, May 4th, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 10th, 10:30am Logan/Palmer Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 17th, 10am South Loop Kidical Mass Ride
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Women on Wheels 1 Day Bike Fest This Saturday! April 8, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 2 April 4, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 1 April 2, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: What Are Cargo Bikes? April 1, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014 & Cargo Bike Roll Call This Sunday! March 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Samantha: And yes.. installing a bike rack itself doesn't he...
- Samantha: Glad you found it helpful, and that you enjoyed th...
- Family Ride: Help for putting into words what bugs me about our...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...