Doing a little family-biking flashback, to Bike the Drive in May, 2009. We didn’t have our cargo bikes yet, but were biking around the city of Chicago with LD in our Burley bike trailer. Great day for a lakefront bike ride.
by Samantha on January 10, 2015
by Samantha on March 19, 2013
This past Saturday, we celebrated the 3rd year of Kidical Mass rides in Chicago with a blustery Palmer Square ride – the original neighborhood to host Kidical Mass rides in Chicago. We gained two more Chicago neighborhood rides this past summer – Hyde Park and Lincoln Square! Now you’ve got three choices on different weekends, […]
by Samantha on January 28, 2013
Here’s my 3-minute video of our January 2013 Chicago Kidical Mass ride with a surf music soundtrack in honor of the live tunes we had during our ride. We rode from Palmer Square to Humboldt Park.
by Samantha on January 8, 2013
Little D was still on Christmas break last week, so we decided one night during the week was ‘go out to dinner night by bike’ night. So, I rode my bike home from work that night to meet up with Andrew and Little Ding so we could ride together to dinner. It was also a […]
by Samantha on February 27, 2012
I’m sure you’ve noticed that I don’t publish blog posts as much as I first did when I started this blog. It’s not due to a lack of material by any means, or a loss of interest.Â Instead, it’s due to a lack of time.Â There are only so many hours in a day, and […]
by Samantha on January 31, 2012
This past Friday night was a great night to be out riding – at least before the snow started – low 30s and no real wind. We had to pick up Little D so we decided on a bike + El trip. Since I generally ride to work everyday, I already had my bike with […]
by Samantha on November 1, 2011
We tried out some new Halloween activities this year and one of the big hits in our house was Spooky Seas Family Overnight at the Shedd Aquarium. We really love the aquarium (we’re members) – it’s a great facility and a beautiful one as well, the way it is situated right along the lakefront on […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...