Well.. OK, not really. But it was impeccable timing on the part of my Omafiets. She’s a year old now and I guess it was time to be feisty. Lets also be honest though – I am hard on my bike. I’m not a small rider – I’m 6ft tall and built like the Midwestern […]
by Samantha on October 3, 2011
by Samantha on September 10, 2011
Now that we have the Yuba we can pretty much restock about anything in our house via bike. I used to be impressed that I could bring home 1/2 case of wine in the panniers on my Dutch bike. The orange Yuba Mundo kinda puts my Oma to shame. Earlier this summer we rode Oma […]
by Samantha on August 23, 2011
One of the many great things about living in Chicago is that we sit along an amazing lake – one that is easily accessible from the city.Â If you work downtown you can go from the office to the beach in a matter of minutes.Â Which is exactly what Oma and I did last week.
by Samantha on June 26, 2011
I received an email from Patrick a few weeks ago, asking about my Workcycles Omafiets. It seems that Patrick had just started riding a bike again here in Chicago, didn’t really like his hybrid, and after some researching, and test rides, was about set to buy himself a Workcycles Opafiets. Then he read a post […]
by Samantha on June 21, 2011
We have a great Kidical Mass ride almost every month of the year in Chicago, on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Generally the ride departs from Palmer Square to a location not too far away, usually one that ends at a park or playground. This month’s ride had a bonus stop scheduled so everyone […]
by Samantha on May 11, 2011
When I walked out of my office for lunch last week, I walked by a number of Dutch and Dutch-like bikes parked around the neighborhood that I’d never seen before. And there wasn’t a bike event going on that I was aware of either. Amid the 20-30 bikes that were parked up and down the […]
by Samantha on March 29, 2011
Just letting everyone know that I spent some time over the weekend updating the Dutch Bikes page on this blog. Since I started this blog last year, I’ve met a lot of other bike bloggers who write about Dutch bikes (which I wrote about in an earlier post) and learned a little more about the bikes […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- Bike Talk: Breathable Padded Bike Shorts For Women June 22, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...