Mr. Ding and I are on a quest to buy a steel frame, step-through bike for a tall rider (5′ 10). In this case it’s for a new rider who’s not going to ride it everyday and everywhere – she’s going to ride around the residential area of Oak Park on short family rides. Having […]
Warning: getimagesize(/home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/manhattan_green.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 558
Warning: getimagesize() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 563
Warning: basename() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 564
by Samantha on December 28, 2011
by Samantha on August 23, 2011
One of the many great things about living in Chicago is that we sit along an amazing lake – one that is easily accessible from the city.Â If you work downtown you can go from the office to the beach in a matter of minutes.Â Which is exactly what Oma and I did last week.
by Samantha on May 11, 2011
When I walked out of my office for lunch last week, I walked by a number of Dutch and Dutch-like bikes parked around the neighborhood that I’d never seen before. And there wasn’t a bike event going on that I was aware of either. Amid the 20-30 bikes that were parked up and down the […]
by Samantha on April 29, 2011
A couple of weeks ago yours truly here started a new gig downtown.Â What this meant for Oma was a new route to work in the morning.Â Unfortunately, it has been rainy and incredibly windy every day save one since I’ve started the new job.Â The weather hasn’t made either Oma or I much in […]
by Samantha on April 5, 2011
There’s just something about loading up Oma with all sorts of stuff that makes me proud. I’ve put an entire case of beer (bottles) on the front before, but this was a slightly new challenge. And it worked just fine. I made a run to the store before some friends came over, and we were […]
by Samantha on March 31, 2011
Mr. Ding and I took a bike ride to the Garfield Park Conservatory to check the bright colors of the Spring Flower Show.
by Samantha on March 29, 2011
Just letting everyone know that I spent some time over the weekend updating the Dutch Bikes page on this blog. Since I started this blog last year, I’ve met a lot of other bike bloggers who write about Dutch bikes (which I wrote about in an earlier post) and learned a little more about the bikes […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...