A video of part of my morning bike commute to work in downtown Chicago, in the rain. Over the bridge and through the Loop, to the Millennium Bike Station I go.
by Samantha on February 19, 2013
by Samantha on October 28, 2012
I was recently invited to be a guest blogger for the Campmor blog and provide some basic tips for commuting by bike.
by Samantha on July 11, 2011
We returned this weekend from a lovely family vacation up north where we swam in clear lake waters, slept-in late, rode our bikes and basically enjoyed perfectly warm days, cool nights, and no alarm clocks.Â This morning we forced ourselves back into our work routines and made our preparations to head out the door.Â Andrew […]
by Samantha on June 19, 2011
If you’ve been following the bike news in Chicago over the last two weeks, you’ll know that we’re all abuzz because we’re getting our first truly protected bike lane, also know as aÂ cycle track, on Kinzie street.Â It runs from Wells Street on the east, all the way over the bridge to the Des […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Wednesday, December 18th 6:30pm December Critical Lass Ride
Sunday, December 1st, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 10:30am, Logan/Palmer Sqaure Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 12:00pm Dreidel Rampage
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from The Ding Ding Let’s Ride Family! November 27, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Roscoe Village November 2013 November 5, 2013
- Hauling Mid-Century Furniture On A Cargo Bike September 9, 2013
- Reader Nominated Bike Parking Hall of Fame: Schubas Tavern September 6, 2013
- New Bike Helmet – To Sticker or Not? September 2, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Sorry for the delayed response. Not sure about ex...
- Agatha Bitchy: How can you tell when a bike helmet is worn out? N...
- Girly Surly: Fall is the perfect time for bicycling. Let's rid...
- John Greenfield: As the guy who sited the bike racks several years ...
- Samantha: Approved...