So I was riding home through the Kinzie Industrial Corridor last week and out of the corner of my eye I spotted this guy. Meet the Blob Monster. I just had to turn down the side street to see what the heck this was. Turns out, the Blob Monster is not a giant example of […]
by Samantha on May 16, 2011
by Samantha on March 31, 2011
Mr. Ding and I took a bike ride to the Garfield Park Conservatory to check the bright colors of the Spring Flower Show.
by Samantha on March 28, 2011
It is officially spring in the Midwest, but you would not know it by the chilly weather in Chicago. The sun has started to peak out a little more, and feels a little brighter and stronger each day, but when the temperatures can’t make it out of the 30s (Fahrenheit) and the wind is […]
by Samantha on January 19, 2011
Looking out at the light snow that is falling now, on top of the snowy sleet that fell last night, on top of the rain that froze up the previous night, I’m thinking that the residential intersection near our house looks rather slippery. Perhaps I should reconsider my ride to work this morning? At the […]
by Samantha on January 17, 2011
One of the the great things about riding a bike is that you interact with your surroundings more than in a car, and you tend to ‘see’ your surroundings more.Â Biking is not the same as walking,Â mind you – IÂ have time to observe a lot moreÂ when I’m walking than when I’m bikingÂ […]
by Samantha on October 14, 2010
Last Saturday was another of the beautiful and very un-October days we’ve had in Chicago for the last week or so. Sunshine, blue skies, warm temperatures. Mr. Ding and I were kid-free for the weekend, and took advantage of the situation to get some city riding in together on rides that are not yet apropos […]
by Samantha on September 28, 2010
Taking a ride downtown to do some shopping at Macy’s and load up our purchases on my new dutch bike.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Meet the Bike Friday Haul-a-Day Cargo Bike January 31, 2015
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Jeff Strehl-Roberts: Hello all, My name is Jeff Strehl-Roberts and I a...
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...