A video of part of my morning bike commute to work in downtown Chicago, in the rain. Over the bridge and through the Loop, to the Millennium Bike Station I go.
by Samantha on February 19, 2013
by Samantha on October 28, 2012
I was recently invited to be a guest blogger for the Campmor blog and provide some basic tips for commuting by bike.
by Samantha on October 20, 2011
Another big windy storm has been blowing through Chicago the last day or so, with winds gusting up to 60+mph, and giant waves crashing along the lakefront, causing some flooding, closing Lakeshore Drive, and of course, closing down parts of the lakefront bike/running path. I work downtown, and all the windows in our building have […]
by Samantha on February 15, 2011
While I mostly enjoy winter and the seasons and the crazy weather that is Chicago, right now I’m tired of gray snow, gray skies and blogging about my umpteenth ride in the snow. So instead, I give you some bike blogs from around the country. These are blogs that you might not have heard of […]
by Samantha on December 11, 2010
So what do ya think of the new look? I’ve been playing around with a couple of different themes since I launched this blog over the summer and while there were elements that I liked in each of them, I really wasn’t getting what I wanted in any one theme – modified or not.Â Â It […]
by Samantha on November 29, 2010
A week or so ago I was talking with some bike people here in Chicago who ride Omafiets year-round and the topic of winter riding and snow tires came up. I have to say that I hadn’t really thought about it. I’ve been riding year-round for a few years, but until this year I’ve been […]
by Samantha on November 18, 2010
I had to make an unplanned trip home to Omaha last weekend (missed the Cocktail Ride, sadly) and while I was there I managed to find some extra time to stop by a great little bike shop that has opened downtown – the only bike shop in downtown Omaha by the way. Greenstreet Cycles is […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, April 24th, 6pm April Critical Lass Ride
Saturday, April 26th, 11:00am Bronzeville Legends Bike Ride
Tuesday, April 29th, 6-8pm April Bike-in Night at the Paramount Room
Sunday, May 4th, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 10th, 10:30am Logan/Palmer Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 17th, 10am South Loop Kidical Mass Ride
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Women on Wheels 1 Day Bike Fest This Saturday! April 8, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 2 April 4, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 1 April 2, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: What Are Cargo Bikes? April 1, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014 & Cargo Bike Roll Call This Sunday! March 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Samantha: And yes.. installing a bike rack itself doesn't he...
- Samantha: Glad you found it helpful, and that you enjoyed th...
- Family Ride: Help for putting into words what bugs me about our...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...