I was going to title this “Mr. Ding Goes to The Store” butÂ I decided against it.Â I’ve posted a few pictures of Oma in all her gear and beer-toting glory, but I’m not the only one who does the grocery shopping in this house.Â Â Mr Ding does not have a Dutch bike though he […]
by Samantha on April 26, 2011
by Samantha on March 31, 2011
Mr. Ding and I took a bike ride to the Garfield Park Conservatory to check the bright colors of the Spring Flower Show.
by Samantha on February 20, 2011
We had a brief burst of warmer weather blow through Chicago this past week, and on Friday it was in the mid 40s (F) in Chicago but fairly windy – gusting up to 30mph. That didn’t stop cafes from dragging their tables out nor people from sitting outside if only for a bit. I even […]
by Samantha on February 15, 2011
While I mostly enjoy winter and the seasons and the crazy weather that is Chicago, right now I’m tired of gray snow, gray skies and blogging about my umpteenth ride in the snow. So instead, I give you some bike blogs from around the country. These are blogs that you might not have heard of […]
by Samantha on January 17, 2011
One of the the great things about riding a bike is that you interact with your surroundings more than in a car, and you tend to ‘see’ your surroundings more.Â Biking is not the same as walking,Â mind you – IÂ have time to observe a lot moreÂ when I’m walking than when I’m bikingÂ […]
by Samantha on January 15, 2011
Sorry for the drop-off in posts at the end of the week, but we were experiencing some technical difficulties here at the house of Ding which left me without access to my laptop or any photo drives or external devices of any sort. That meant my planned posts would have had no pictures. Mr. Ding […]
by Samantha on November 20, 2010
It was a crisp, breezy, fall day on Friday – a great afternoon to be out riding in the city. I was riding my bike north through the Lakeview neighborhood, when I approached a UPS truck parked in my lane. I was on Sheffield, not a super busy street, so I checked traffic behind me, […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...