If you’re a regular reader of the Chicago/Nashville bike blog Let’s Go Ride A Bike you may be familiar with their “Roll Model” series. Recently they profiled me!
by Samantha on December 7, 2011
It was a lovely, brisk ride home this evening, in the mid-30s. Perfect for riding home, especially since the morning wind was gone.Â This is what I saw: Many cyclists riding into and out of downtown and around West Town sporting bright, flashing lights – nice work! One less-than-intelligent cyclist with no lights and no […]
by Samantha on May 31, 2011
If, like many other cyclists in Chicago, you use Hubbard Street as an East-West route between the Loop and the Near West Side you’ve probably noticed this building between Halsted and Desplaines.Â The giant clock caught my eye initially.Â When I check it out further the next time I rode by I realized that: The […]
by Samantha on May 25, 2011
They were forecasting rain, thunderstorms, wind and hail today as the nasty storms that have been blowing across the plains states roll into the Chicago area. This is the radar image that greeted me this am: Along with this forecast for the day: The National Weather Service this morning issued a hazardous weather outlook, forecasting […]
by Samantha on May 16, 2011
So I was riding home through the Kinzie Industrial Corridor last week and out of the corner of my eye I spotted this guy. Meet the Blob Monster. I just had to turn down the side street to see what the heck this was. Turns out, the Blob Monster is not a giant example of […]
by Samantha on April 29, 2011
A couple of weeks ago yours truly here started a new gig downtown.Â What this meant for Oma was a new route to work in the morning.Â Unfortunately, it has been rainy and incredibly windy every day save one since I’ve started the new job.Â The weather hasn’t made either Oma or I much in […]
by Samantha on April 26, 2011
I was going to title this “Mr. Ding Goes to The Store” butÂ I decided against it.Â I’ve posted a few pictures of Oma in all her gear and beer-toting glory, but I’m not the only one who does the grocery shopping in this house.Â Â Mr Ding does not have a Dutch bike though he […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Sunday August 3rd, 3pm-6pm Sunday Ride - Bronzeville Gallery Ride
Saturday, August 9th 5-7pm Guerilla Flotilla 2014
Sunday, August 17th, 11:00am BikeChi Bike Brunch!
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...