We had our first #BikeChi picnic brunch a couple of weeks ago – here’s the wrap-up post. All kinds of great city bikes.
by Samantha on August 31, 2014
by Samantha on August 14, 2014
I met up with a Chicago cyclist and her newish city bike from Heritage Bikes. Great looking bike, handy internal hub , fenders, and basket.
by Samantha on July 17, 2013
If you’re visiting Chicago and want to take a bike ride, these hotels have great-looking bikes available for their guests to ride!
by Samantha on January 5, 2013
I was at Target recently and as I walked by the women’s clothing section I spotted these bikes in the middle of the clothes racks. Turns out the bike is an Alice & Olivia “designer” bike that was part of a collaboration between Target & Neiman Marcus. Back in December my friend The Budget […]
by Samantha on September 23, 2012
This is purely a survey of all the bikes I’ve seen around Chicago lately.. in fact, most of these photos I took at the Renegade Craft Fair a couple of weekends ago on Division Street in the Wicker Park/Ukrainian Village neighborhood. This is what people are riding in the city on a Sunday afternoon. […]
Warning: getimagesize(/home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/manhattan_green.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 558
Warning: getimagesize() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 563
Warning: basename() expects parameter 1 to be string, object given in /home/heyarnold10/dingdingletsride.com/wp-content/themes/canvas/functions/admin-functions.php on line 564
by Samantha on December 28, 2011
Mr. Ding and I are on a quest to buy a steel frame, step-through bike for a tall rider (5′ 10). In this case it’s for a new rider who’s not going to ride it everyday and everywhere – she’s going to ride around the residential area of Oak Park on short family rides. Having […]
by Samantha on November 13, 2011
I’ve got a City Bikes page here on my blog where I note any cool “City Bikes” that I test ride or come across during my daily work commute or other rides around the city. For the purposes of this blog, a “City” bike is almost any upright-style bike that while not a cruiser bike, […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Meet the Bike Friday Haul-a-Day Cargo Bike January 31, 2015
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Jeff Strehl-Roberts: Hello all, My name is Jeff Strehl-Roberts and I a...
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...