Another big windy storm has been blowing through Chicago the last day or so, with winds gusting up to 60+mph, and giant waves crashing along the lakefront, causing some flooding, closing Lakeshore Drive, and of course, closing down parts of the lakefront bike/running path. I work downtown, and all the windows in our building have [...]
by Samantha on October 20, 2011
by Samantha on September 30, 2011
It’s been seriously wet and windy in Chicago the last couple of days – the commute has been a wee bit challenging. Last night the winds were gusting 50-60 mphs and I have to say it was a scary ride home through the city. Even on my big, heavy Dutch bike, I had to pedal [...]
by Samantha on May 25, 2011
They were forecasting rain, thunderstorms, wind and hail today as the nasty storms that have been blowing across the plains states roll into the Chicago area. This is the radar image that greeted me this am: Along with this forecast for the day: The National Weather Service this morning issued a hazardous weather outlook, forecasting [...]
by Samantha on February 3, 2011
Well if you read my post from Tuesday this week, you’ll know that while I had intended to ride to the office for a 1/2 day of work before the blizzard kicked up in the afternoon,Â I wimped out.Â I cannot claim to be as tough as this cyclist spotted by Mr. Ding while he [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday, May 26th, 5:30am-9:00am Bike the Drive!
Monday May 27th, 12:30pm - 2:00pm Look Chicago Beach Blitz Party
Monday May 27th, 10:30am Hyde Park Kidical Mass
Saturday June 8th, 10:30am Palmer/Logan Square Kidica; Mass
Saturday, June 8th, Noon - 4pm Schubas Backyard BBQ & Bike Bask
Tuesday, June 11th, 7pm-10:00pm Bike Chicago Feature Film in Millennium Park
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...