Another big windy storm has been blowing through Chicago the last day or so, with winds gusting up to 60+mph, and giant waves crashing along the lakefront, causing some flooding, closing Lakeshore Drive, and of course, closing down parts of the lakefront bike/running path. I work downtown, and all the windows in our building have […]
by Samantha on October 20, 2011
by Samantha on September 30, 2011
It’s been seriously wet and windy in Chicago the last couple of days – the commute has been a wee bit challenging. Last night the winds were gusting 50-60 mphs and I have to say it was a scary ride home through the city. Even on my big, heavy Dutch bike, I had to pedal […]
by Samantha on May 25, 2011
They were forecasting rain, thunderstorms, wind and hail today as the nasty storms that have been blowing across the plains states roll into the Chicago area. This is the radar image that greeted me this am: Along with this forecast for the day: The National Weather Service this morning issued a hazardous weather outlook, forecasting […]
by Samantha on February 3, 2011
Well if you read my post from Tuesday this week, you’ll know that while I had intended to ride to the office for a 1/2 day of work before the blizzard kicked up in the afternoon, I wimped out. I cannot claim to be as tough as this cyclist spotted by Mr. Ding while […]
by Samantha on February 1, 2011
I headed out this morning with the best intentions. I knew we had a serious blizzard blowing in, but I planned on riding up north to the office and to leave said office by 2pm at the latest so that I would be home by no later than 3pm. The blizzard was supposed to really […]
by Samantha on December 30, 2010
So you’ve made the decision to ride all year long in Chicago, or you’ve been riding through snow and wind and ice and slush for years. Either way, wouldn’t it be nice to know about road conditions before your head out so you can better plan your route? Well now you can and you’ve got […]
by Samantha on December 12, 2010
It’s been snowing for about 24 hours in Chicago and we’ve got ourselves a nice blanket of snow out there. Today the winds picked up and have been blowing anywhere from 30-45 mph making it a little more challenging. The snow plows were out, and the usual Sunday afternoon traffic, so the main streets started […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Sunday August 3rd, 3pm-6pm Sunday Ride - Bronzeville Gallery Ride
Saturday, August 9th 5-7pm Guerilla Flotilla 2014
Sunday, August 17th, 11:00am BikeChi Bike Brunch!
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...