There are two great Cyclofemme Mother’s Day rides scheduled for Chicago this weekend. Check out the ride information and come join us for a ride.
by Samantha on May 5, 2013
by Samantha on November 7, 2010
We’ve had such beautiful fall weather here in Chicago that it’s been an absolute pleasure to ride around the city on errands.Â Â Between the leaves on the trees turning and changing colors, and the seasonal decorations that some people out out around their homes in some neighborhoods,Â it makes me feel like I’m riding through […]
by Samantha on October 12, 2010
It is an absolutely gorgeous day in Chicago – sunshine, blue skies, and 75 degrees- in OCTOBER!! No excuse to be inside today.Â So Oma and I headed down to the West Loop to meet a friend for lunch – we heard that the Gaztro-Wagon was going to be down around Washington & May Street […]
by Samantha on September 3, 2010
Did you miss the Boulevard Lakefront Tour last weekend? It’s a great Chicago summer ride, right up there with Bike the Drive. We were not able to ride this year, but the ride came to us this year, and it was hard to miss. We were in Ukrainian Village and all-of-a-sudden (or so it seemed) […]
by Samantha on August 26, 2010
Yes, yes, it’s not Friday yet, but ya got to start planning your weekend before Friday or you’ll hit yourself on the forehead and say D’oh!Â I wish I would have known about that event earlier in the week!” A lot of us ride every day, and use our bikes for our basic transportation. But […]
by Samantha on July 30, 2010
On Wednesday nights throughout the summer the Grant Park Symphony performs their Grammy-nominated concert series in Millennium Park. It’s an amazing venue, with amazing musicians and to top it off it’s FREE! And for those of us in the city, we can easily ride our bikes to the show instead of hopping on a train […]
by Samantha on July 21, 2010
Everyone has that one house that you’re always curious about.Â Who lives there, or who bought it, or why has it been for sale for so long, or even who would ever build such a structure and who would possibly live there? One of the many benefits of riding a bike is that you move […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Sunday August 3rd, 3pm-6pm Sunday Ride - Bronzeville Gallery Ride
Saturday, August 9th 5-7pm Guerilla Flotilla 2014
Sunday, August 17th, 11:00am BikeChi Bike Brunch!
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...