There are two great Cyclofemme Mother’s Day rides scheduled for Chicago this weekend. Check out the ride information and come join us for a ride.
by Samantha on May 5, 2013
by Samantha on November 7, 2010
Riding around Chicago neighborhoods with a Dutch bike, admiring the seasonal decorations.
by Samantha on October 12, 2010
It is an absolutely gorgeous day in Chicago – sunshine, blue skies, and 75 degrees- in OCTOBER!! No excuse to be inside today.Â So Oma and I headed down to the West Loop to meet a friend for lunch – we heard that the Gaztro-Wagon was going to be down around Washington & May Street […]
by Samantha on September 3, 2010
Did you miss the Boulevard Lakefront Tour last weekend? It’s a great Chicago summer ride, right up there with Bike the Drive. We were not able to ride this year, but the ride came to us this year, and it was hard to miss. We were in Ukrainian Village and all-of-a-sudden (or so it seemed) […]
by Samantha on August 26, 2010
Yes, yes, it’s not Friday yet, but ya got to start planning your weekend before Friday or you’ll hit yourself on the forehead and say D’oh!Â I wish I would have known about that event earlier in the week!” A lot of us ride every day, and use our bikes for our basic transportation. But […]
by Samantha on July 30, 2010
On Wednesday nights throughout the summer the Grant Park Symphony performs their Grammy-nominated concert series in Millennium Park. It’s an amazing venue, with amazing musicians and to top it off it’s FREE! And for those of us in the city, we can easily ride our bikes to the show instead of hopping on a train […]
by Samantha on July 21, 2010
Everyone has that one house that you’re always curious about.Â Who lives there, or who bought it, or why has it been for sale for so long, or even who would ever build such a structure and who would possibly live there? One of the many benefits of riding a bike is that you move […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Meet the Bike Friday Haul-a-Day Cargo Bike January 31, 2015
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Jeff Strehl-Roberts: Hello all, My name is Jeff Strehl-Roberts and I a...
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...