Last Friday was the annual Winter Bike to Work Day here in Chicago. Organized by the folks from the Active Transportation Alliance and Bike Winter , there was a bike-friendly pit stop downtown in Daley Plaza from 6:00am – 9:00am, with coffee, cheesecake, raffle prizes, and lots of moving around to stay warm. The snow [...]
by Samantha on January 24, 2012
by Samantha on January 17, 2012
This Friday (1/20) is Chicago’s Winter Bike To Work Day! According to my weather app of choice, there will be lows around 12 degrees Fahrenheit Thursday night, with highs on Friday in the mid 20s. There’s also a 60% chance of snow. Bring it on! If you can make it down to Daley Plaza in [...]
by Samantha on January 3, 2012
Happy New Year to everyone who stops by Ding Ding Let’s Ride!Â We’re ready for 2012 and with the first snow finally (!!) on the ground in Chicago, we’re thinking about cold-weather gear and Bike Winter tactics.Â It’s also the time of year when we look back on the infrastructure improvements that have been made [...]
by Samantha on February 3, 2011
Well if you read my post from Tuesday this week, you’ll know that while I had intended to ride to the office for a 1/2 day of work before the blizzard kicked up in the afternoon,Â I wimped out.Â I cannot claim to be as tough as this cyclist spotted by Mr. Ding while he [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday, May 26th, 5:30am-9:00am Bike the Drive!
Monday May 27th, 12:30pm - 2:00pm Look Chicago Beach Blitz Party
Monday May 27th, 10:30am Hyde Park Kidical Mass
Saturday June 8th, 10:30am Palmer/Logan Square Kidica; Mass
Saturday, June 8th, Noon - 4pm Schubas Backyard BBQ & Bike Bask
Tuesday, June 11th, 7pm-10:00pm Bike Chicago Feature Film in Millennium Park
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...