Last Friday was the annual Winter Bike to Work Day here in Chicago. Organized by the folks from the Active Transportation Alliance and Bike Winter , there was a bike-friendly pit stop downtown in Daley Plaza from 6:00am – 9:00am, with coffee, cheesecake, raffle prizes, and lots of moving around to stay warm. The snow […]
by Samantha on January 24, 2012
by Samantha on January 17, 2012
This Friday (1/20) is Chicago’s Winter Bike To Work Day! According to my weather app of choice, there will be lows around 12 degrees Fahrenheit Thursday night, with highs on Friday in the mid 20s. There’s also a 60% chance of snow. Bring it on! If you can make it down to Daley Plaza in […]
by Samantha on January 3, 2012
Happy New Year to everyone who stops by Ding Ding Let’s Ride!Â We’re ready for 2012 and with the first snow finally (!!) on the ground in Chicago, we’re thinking about cold-weather gear and Bike Winter tactics.Â It’s also the time of year when we look back on the infrastructure improvements that have been made […]
by Samantha on February 3, 2011
Well if you read my post from Tuesday this week, you’ll know that while I had intended to ride to the office for a 1/2 day of work before the blizzard kicked up in the afternoon,Â I wimped out.Â I cannot claim to be as tough as this cyclist spotted by Mr. Ding while he […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Wednesday, December 18th 6:30pm December Critical Lass Ride
Sunday, December 1st, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 10:30am, Logan/Palmer Sqaure Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 12:00pm Dreidel Rampage
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from The Ding Ding Let’s Ride Family! November 27, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Roscoe Village November 2013 November 5, 2013
- Hauling Mid-Century Furniture On A Cargo Bike September 9, 2013
- Reader Nominated Bike Parking Hall of Fame: Schubas Tavern September 6, 2013
- New Bike Helmet – To Sticker or Not? September 2, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Sorry for the delayed response. Not sure about ex...
- Agatha Bitchy: How can you tell when a bike helmet is worn out? N...
- Girly Surly: Fall is the perfect time for bicycling. Let's rid...
- John Greenfield: As the guy who sited the bike racks several years ...
- Samantha: Approved...