If you work in the BCBS building in downtown Chicago, and you bike to work, you have a lot of great options to park your bike. Besides having the Millennium Park Bike Station right across the street, you can also park you bike in this covered facility with well-spaced bike bollards, specific areas for bikes [...]
by Samantha on September 28, 2012
by Samantha on September 21, 2012
Let me start by saying loudly that we LOVE the Renegade Craft Fair. I was at the first fair in Wicker Park, here in Chicago, and have been going ever since. Now me and my guys always make sure it’s on our calendar and since it’s a short bike ride away, that’s an extra bonus. [...]
by Samantha on March 12, 2012
Even though Chicago has made great strides to become a more bike-friendly city, it still has a ways to go when it comes to good everyday bike parking. Steven Vance of Grid Chicago and I have been writing about bike parking in our fair city over the last couple of years, often bemoaning less-than-stellar [...]
by Samantha on January 20, 2012
Hellooo and welcome to the renamed ‘Bike Parking Fridays’!Â Instead of shaking a finger at businesses with abysmal bike parking facilities, I’m simply going to write about bike parking good, bad, and so-so, all around the city of Chicago.Â Today’s post is about these funky bike racks outside of Simone’s in the Pilsen neighborhood. I [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday, May 26th, 5:30am-9:00am Bike the Drive!
Monday May 27th, 12:30pm - 2:00pm Look Chicago Beach Blitz Party
Monday May 27th, 10:30am Hyde Park Kidical Mass
Saturday June 8th, 10:30am Palmer/Logan Square Kidica; Mass
Saturday, June 8th, Noon - 4pm Schubas Backyard BBQ & Bike Bask
Tuesday, June 11th, 7pm-10:00pm Bike Chicago Feature Film in Millennium Park
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...