It’s been snowing off and one for about a week here in Chicago, and so far the bike lanes are not being kept as clear as the rest of the streets in the city so you gotta be careful out there when you’re riding.
by Samantha on December 16, 2013
by Samantha on June 10, 2013
Chicago’s own Bike to Work Week is well underway! It continues all week long with the Bike Commuter Challenge and lots and lots of rush hours bike commuter pit stops and other events all over Chicago and the suburbs.
by Samantha on February 19, 2013
A video of part of my morning bike commute to work in downtown Chicago, in the rain. Over the bridge and through the Loop, to the Millennium Bike Station I go.
by Samantha on October 28, 2012
I was recently invited to be a guest blogger for the Campmor blog and provide some basic tips for commuting by bike.
by Samantha on January 29, 2012
We’ve had amazingly pleasant weather for most of the month of January here in Chicago – not much snow and temperatures hovering around 30 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit! I think the coldest day of 2012 so far was Winter Bike to Work Day (about 7F in the early am). Last week for example I enjoyed […]
by Samantha on October 17, 2011
The air turned a little cooler this past weekÂ in Chicago, and the leaves have been turning all sorts of glorious colors, but it’s still just been your basic jacket weather.Â Then I hopped on Oma this morning to head off to work and well, my hands were freezing!Â Yep, time to dig out some […]
by Samantha on October 9, 2011
If you commute downtown via bike on a regular basis you might be familar with the McDonald’s Cycle Center in Millennium Park – an amazing facility that opened up a couple of years ago for bike commuters. It has free indoor and outdoor parking as well as day passes, monthly memberships and yearly memberships […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...
- Samantha: I didn't even think about something like that - br...
- ladyfleur: I can ride to the office in my work clothes just f...
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...