Near the end of last week the women from Po Campo threw out a tweet that one of them “almost” bought a pair of jeggings and wondered who was for or against them? Not too long after, Barb Chamberlain asked about them too, and then I sheepishly owned up to the fact that I had […]
by Samantha on January 31, 2011
by Samantha on November 29, 2010
A week or so ago I was talking with some bike people here in Chicago who ride Omafiets year-round and the topic of winter riding and snow tires came up. I have to say that I hadn’t really thought about it. I’ve been riding year-round for a few years, but until this year I’ve been […]
by Samantha on October 20, 2010
I bet that if you live or ride on the north side very often, you ride on Webster Avenue.Â Â Did you know that once you get east of say, Southport that there are better routes to get you east or west?Â Surprising eh? I take that route quite often to get to the Zoo from […]
by Samantha on October 7, 2010
When I bought my new bike I planned on getting a new lock too – wanted to keep my U-lock for my mountain bike. I did a little research and wrote about my findings in this post. Since I knew the Dutch Bike Company carried the ABUS brand locks that I decided I would purchase, […]
by Samantha on October 6, 2010
Came across some excellent tips on riding in the bike lane over at Lovely Bike – great pictures and examples of how to turn, yield to traffic and/or pedestrians and approach intersections.Â Along with all the great tips, she suggests politely informing other cyclists when they are incorrectly passing on the left,Â riding against trafficÂ […]
by Samantha on August 24, 2010
Getting back on your bike as adult,Â tackling the busy streets as a bike commuter or trying to teach your kids how to ride their bike safely and smartly can all be daunting tasks that make you want to hang up the helmet and just take the bus.Â We weren’t born with wheels and if […]
by Samantha on June 30, 2010
Once Little Ding got his own bike we outgrew our 2-bike car rack. Not such a bad thing since Mr. Ding has never enjoyed long trips with the strap-based bike rack. It’s never caused us any problems , always been great. The fact that it was hooked to our car with straps and hooks though, […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...
- Samantha: Great question! You just caused me to go look up t...
- John: I have a very similar Thule rack but it's only wei...
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...