It was a lovely, brisk ride home this evening, in the mid-30s. Perfect for riding home, especially since the morning wind was gone.Â This is what I saw: Many cyclists riding into and out of downtown and around West Town sporting bright, flashing lights – nice work! One less-than-intelligent cyclist with no lights and no […]
by Samantha on December 7, 2011
by Samantha on October 20, 2011
Another big windy storm has been blowing through Chicago the last day or so, with winds gusting up to 60+mph, and giant waves crashing along the lakefront, causing some flooding, closing Lakeshore Drive, and of course, closing down parts of the lakefront bike/running path. I work downtown, and all the windows in our building have […]
by Samantha on April 29, 2011
A couple of weeks ago yours truly here started a new gig downtown.Â What this meant for Oma was a new route to work in the morning.Â Unfortunately, it has been rainy and incredibly windy every day save one since I’ve started the new job.Â The weather hasn’t made either Oma or I much in […]
by Samantha on February 20, 2011
We had a brief burst of warmer weather blow through Chicago this past week, and on Friday it was in the mid 40s (F) in Chicago but fairly windy – gusting up to 30mph. That didn’t stop cafes from dragging their tables out nor people from sitting outside if only for a bit. I even […]
by Samantha on January 19, 2011
Looking out at the light snow that is falling now, on top of the snowy sleet that fell last night, on top of the rain that froze up the previous night, I’m thinking that the residential intersection near our house looks rather slippery. Perhaps I should reconsider my ride to work this morning? At the […]
by Samantha on January 18, 2011
If you haven’t had a chance to check out the blog Chicargobike you really should.Â It’s a great family biking blog written by a couple who ride around this great city with all their kids in tow on a variety of tandems and cargo bikes. They have a lovely blue Onederwater family tandem bike, as […]
by Samantha on January 17, 2011
One of the the great things about riding a bike is that you interact with your surroundings more than in a car, and you tend to ‘see’ your surroundings more.Â Biking is not the same as walking,Â mind you – IÂ have time to observe a lot moreÂ when I’m walking than when I’m bikingÂ […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Sunday August 3rd, 3pm-6pm Sunday Ride - Bronzeville Gallery Ride
Saturday, August 9th 5-7pm Guerilla Flotilla 2014
Sunday, August 17th, 11:00am BikeChi Bike Brunch!
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...