On Mother’s Day we thought that taking part in a Cyclofemme ride would be a great way to spend the day. We ended up riding through Oak Park & River Forest IL.
by Samantha on January 18, 2011
If you haven’t had a chance to check out the blog Chicargobike you really should.Â It’s a great family biking blog written by a couple who ride around this great city with all their kids in tow on a variety of tandems and cargo bikes. They have a lovely blue Onederwater family tandem bike, as […]
by Samantha on December 8, 2010
Your Weekend Reminder: Chicago Kidical Mass Elf Rampage Date & Time: December 11th, from 10:30am to 12pm Location: Bunny Park at Palmer Square Address: 3100 W Palmer Blvd Here are the details straight from The Chainlink: Join the Kidical Mass for a slow, easy-going, fun, group ride focused on kids (all ages) and families that […]
by Samantha on November 1, 2010
I’m basically linking to another blog today because the comments to a recent post in the blog Let’s Go Ride A Bike about a guest post in another bike blog are so worth reading. About a week ago a guest writer on the blog Commute By Bike posted an article about the 10 Rules for […]
by Samantha on October 19, 2010
The weather here in Chicago this October has been absolutely beautiful!Â Almost every day has been warm and sunny and begging for an excuse to be outside.Â This past weekend was no exception.Â We had Little Ding with us and there was no way he was not going to miss being outside on his bike.Â Â […]
by Samantha on August 26, 2010
Yes, yes, it’s not Friday yet, but ya got to start planning your weekend before Friday or you’ll hit yourself on the forehead and say D’oh!Â I wish I would have known about that event earlier in the week!” A lot of us ride every day, and use our bikes for our basic transportation. But […]
by Samantha on August 15, 2010
Myra over at Living Car Free has a great post up on her site about what to plan for when doing your grocery shopping sans car. She covers those who are relying on their own two legs or public transportation, as well as those of us who bike.Â She’s starting a series on getting things […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, April 24th, 6pm April Critical Lass Ride
Saturday, April 26th, 11:00am Bronzeville Legends Bike Ride
Tuesday, April 29th, 6-8pm April Bike-in Night at the Paramount Room
Sunday, May 4th, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 10th, 10:30am Logan/Palmer Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 17th, 10am South Loop Kidical Mass Ride
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Women on Wheels 1 Day Bike Fest This Saturday! April 8, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 2 April 4, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 1 April 2, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: What Are Cargo Bikes? April 1, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014 & Cargo Bike Roll Call This Sunday! March 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Samantha: And yes.. installing a bike rack itself doesn't he...
- Samantha: Glad you found it helpful, and that you enjoyed th...
- Family Ride: Help for putting into words what bugs me about our...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...