It was a lovely, brisk ride home this evening, in the mid-30s. Perfect for riding home, especially since the morning wind was gone.Â This is what I saw: Many cyclists riding into and out of downtown and around West Town sporting bright, flashing lights – nice work! One less-than-intelligent cyclist with no lights and no […]
by Samantha on December 7, 2011
by Samantha on October 17, 2011
The air turned a little cooler this past weekÂ in Chicago, and the leaves have been turning all sorts of glorious colors, but it’s still just been your basic jacket weather.Â Then I hopped on Oma this morning to head off to work and well, my hands were freezing!Â Yep, time to dig out some […]
by Samantha on July 11, 2011
We returned this weekend from a lovely family vacation up north where we swam in clear lake waters, slept-in late, rode our bikes and basically enjoyed perfectly warm days, cool nights, and no alarm clocks.Â This morning we forced ourselves back into our work routines and made our preparations to head out the door.Â Andrew […]
by Samantha on June 4, 2011
As I left work a little early last Friday, to kick off Memorial Day Weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they had re-opened the Randolph Street bridge that spans the Chicago River. An even nicer surprise was that they put in bike lanes!Â And not plated bike lanes as on the Wells street […]
by Samantha on April 25, 2011
This is big news in Chicago – effective immediately police departments across the state of Illinois are required to report ‘doorings’Â on Illinois crash traffic forms! According to the Chicago Tribune, after Gov. Quinn read a article on March 21st that explained a long-standing IDOT policy that excluded dooring crashes from accident statisticsÂ – […]
by Samantha on March 9, 2011
Gloomy gloomy news was to be found on Twitter yesterday afternoon, when I heard that Vince, the manger of The Dutch Bike Co., here in Chicago, had his beloved Dutch bike stolen off his deck.Â Evil bike thieves.Â May karma do its thing. Sometime on Sunday night someone came to my apartment building sawed off […]
by Samantha on January 20, 2011
In yesterday’s post I was trying to decide if I was going to ride to work as the streets near my house still appeared fairly ice-covered in the early morning hours. Since I wasn’t going to be heading out until later in the morning, post rush-hour,Â I decided to ride.Â Â Afterall, I do have studded […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...
- Samantha: I didn't even think about something like that - br...
- ladyfleur: I can ride to the office in my work clothes just f...
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...