It was a lovely, brisk ride home this evening, in the mid-30s. Perfect for riding home, especially since the morning wind was gone.Â This is what I saw: Many cyclists riding into and out of downtown and around West Town sporting bright, flashing lights – nice work! One less-than-intelligent cyclist with no lights and no [...]
by Samantha on December 7, 2011
by Samantha on October 17, 2011
The air turned a little cooler this past weekÂ in Chicago, and the leaves have been turning all sorts of glorious colors, but it’s still just been your basic jacket weather.Â Then I hopped on Oma this morning to head off to work and well, my hands were freezing!Â Yep, time to dig out some [...]
by Samantha on July 11, 2011
We returned this weekend from a lovely family vacation up north where we swam in clear lake waters, slept-in late, rode our bikes and basically enjoyed perfectly warm days, cool nights, and no alarm clocks.Â This morning we forced ourselves back into our work routines and made our preparations to head out the door.Â Andrew [...]
by Samantha on June 4, 2011
As I left work a little early last Friday, to kick off Memorial Day Weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that they had re-opened the Randolph Street bridge that spans the Chicago River. An even nicer surprise was that they put in bike lanes!Â And not plated bike lanes as on the Wells street [...]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday, May 26th, 5:30am-9:00am Bike the Drive!
Monday May 27th, 12:30pm - 2:00pm Look Chicago Beach Blitz Party
Monday May 27th, 10:30am Hyde Park Kidical Mass
Saturday June 8th, 10:30am Palmer/Logan Square Kidica; Mass
Saturday, June 8th, Noon - 4pm Schubas Backyard BBQ & Bike Bask
Tuesday, June 11th, 7pm-10:00pm Bike Chicago Feature Film in Millennium Park
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting & Transport by Bike
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- It’s Spring aka Bike Thief Time: Lock Up Your Bike! May 15, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Logan Square – May 2013 May 12, 2013
- Cyclofemme: Mother’s Day Bike Rides for Everyone May 5, 2013
- Another Episode of What You Can Haul With a Cargo Bike April 25, 2013
- AmTryke Adaptive Bikes – Big Therapeutic Benefits April 14, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Thanks! It is a lot and I'm really proud of him....
- Samantha: Nice!...
- Randy: Congrats to your husband. That's a lot of weight l...
- Maggie W: I thought in previous posts that Mr. Ding looked m...
- Maggie W: I posted this ...