Here in Chicago the weather has finally made the turn towards spring (and Summer!) which means more and more cyclists are out on the roads and bike paths. Bike thieves are also out there too, right behind you. I’ve already spoken to some new bike commuters this spring and sent them back to store for […]
by Samantha on May 15, 2013
by Samantha on November 6, 2012
I’ve written before on bike security and can’t emphasize enough the importance of spending a little extra money on a solid bike lock, especially in metro areas like Chicago.
by Samantha on September 20, 2011
I’m seeing more and more Dutch bikes and Dutch-style bikes downtown during my daily commute, more mixtes, basically more non-hybrid or road bikes which makes me smile as I think that more people might be thinking about biking as good ole transportation. Unfortunately it also means I’m hearing about more of my favorite style of […]
by Samantha on March 9, 2011
Gloomy gloomy news was to be found on Twitter yesterday afternoon, when I heard that Vince, the manger of The Dutch Bike Co., here in Chicago, had his beloved Dutch bike stolen off his deck.Â Evil bike thieves.Â May karma do its thing. Sometime on Sunday night someone came to my apartment building sawed off […]
by Samantha on February 22, 2011
I saw a bike locked up with one of these ‘Bike-Cuff” hand-cuff-style locks on my way to work the other day. I see them around once in a while. A few years ago I thought about investing in one, but I never came across enough information about them to warrant me buying one. I’m very […]
by Samantha on October 7, 2010
When I bought my new bike I planned on getting a new lock too – wanted to keep my U-lock for my mountain bike. I did a little research and wrote about my findings in this post. Since I knew the Dutch Bike Company carried the ABUS brand locks that I decided I would purchase, […]
by Samantha on August 13, 2010
Sad news sad news.. my friend Mary reports that her Electra Townie was stolen while parked in front of the Century movie theater at Clark & Diversey last week. She was w/o her usual lock so she and her friend locked their bikes together with a cable lock. 90 minutes later, and they were shy […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Thursday, April 24th, 6pm April Critical Lass Ride
Saturday, April 26th, 11:00am Bronzeville Legends Bike Ride
Tuesday, April 29th, 6-8pm April Bike-in Night at the Paramount Room
Sunday, May 4th, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 10th, 10:30am Logan/Palmer Square Kidical Mass Ride
Saturday, May 17th, 10am South Loop Kidical Mass Ride
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Women on Wheels 1 Day Bike Fest This Saturday! April 8, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 2 April 4, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: Cargo Bike Shops in Chicago Pt. 1 April 2, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014: What Are Cargo Bikes? April 1, 2014
- Cargo Bike Week 2014 & Cargo Bike Roll Call This Sunday! March 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Samantha: And yes.. installing a bike rack itself doesn't he...
- Samantha: Glad you found it helpful, and that you enjoyed th...
- Family Ride: Help for putting into words what bugs me about our...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...
- Samantha: Sure thing!...