Here in Chicago the weather has finally made the turn towards spring (and Summer!) which means more and more cyclists are out on the roads and bike paths. Bike thieves are also out there too, right behind you. I’ve already spoken to some new bike commuters this spring and sent them back to store for […]
by Samantha on May 15, 2013
by Samantha on November 6, 2012
I’ve written before on bike security and can’t emphasize enough the importance of spending a little extra money on a solid bike lock, especially in metro areas like Chicago.
by Samantha on September 20, 2011
I’m seeing more and more Dutch bikes and Dutch-style bikes downtown during my daily commute, more mixtes, basically more non-hybrid or road bikes which makes me smile as I think that more people might be thinking about biking as good ole transportation. Unfortunately it also means I’m hearing about more of my favorite style of […]
by Samantha on March 9, 2011
Gloomy gloomy news was to be found on Twitter yesterday afternoon, when I heard that Vince, the manger of The Dutch Bike Co., here in Chicago, had his beloved Dutch bike stolen off his deck.Â Evil bike thieves.Â May karma do its thing. Sometime on Sunday night someone came to my apartment building sawed off […]
by Samantha on February 22, 2011
I saw a bike locked up with one of these ‘Bike-Cuff” hand-cuff-style locks on my way to work the other day. I see them around once in a while. A few years ago I thought about investing in one, but I never came across enough information about them to warrant me buying one. I’m very […]
by Samantha on October 7, 2010
When I bought my new bike I planned on getting a new lock too – wanted to keep my U-lock for my mountain bike. I did a little research and wrote about my findings in this post. Since I knew the Dutch Bike Company carried the ABUS brand locks that I decided I would purchase, […]
by Samantha on August 13, 2010
Sad news sad news.. my friend Mary reports that her Electra Townie was stolen while parked in front of the Century movie theater at Clark & Diversey last week. She was w/o her usual lock so she and her friend locked their bikes together with a cable lock. 90 minutes later, and they were shy […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...