We rode our bikes to the store this morning and when we came out of the store, the first downpour of the day had started. There sat my Omafiets in the pouring rain, wearing her new saddle cover.
by Samantha on May 29, 2011
by Samantha on February 22, 2011
I saw a bike locked up with one of these ‘Bike-Cuff” hand-cuff-style locks on my way to work the other day. I see them around once in a while. A few years ago I thought about investing in one, but I never came across enough information about them to warrant me buying one. I’m very […]
by Samantha on January 31, 2011
Near the end of last week the women from Po Campo threw out a tweet that one of them “almost” bought a pair of jeggings and wondered who was for or against them? Not too long after, Barb Chamberlain asked about them too, and then I sheepishly owned up to the fact that I had […]
by Samantha on January 5, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I published a post about cold-weather biking gear and mentioned some tights and over-the-knee socks I was ordering from Sock Dreams. Well they arrived, and they fit perfectly on my long tall plus-size legs! Wohoo! I’ve worn them out and about on a date with Mr. Ding before the holidays […]
by Samantha on December 9, 2010
About a week ago I wrote a post about using studded bike tires on a Dutch bike. This is my first winter riding an upright Dutch bike, and I had heard other Dutch bike owners who ride in Chicago year-round discuss the benefits of studded tires. The post received a lot of great comments from […]
by Samantha on December 7, 2010
If you saw my post yesterday, you know that after we finished up the food part of the December installation of the “Women Who Ride” brunch, we all rode our bikes over to Pulaski Park Fieldhouse for the holiday version of the Renegade Craft fair . The fair started as a summer fair (I believe?) […]
by Samantha on September 26, 2010
Yes, I haven’t posted anything lately, and I promise to rectify that situation quickly with a lot of posts about the BikeWinter Chicago kick-off meeting, the ThinkBike workshop, and first off, the arrival of my new bike! This blog was inspired not only by our search for a suitably adapted bike for Little Ding, but […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...
- Samantha: Great question! You just caused me to go look up t...
- John: I have a very similar Thule rack but it's only wei...
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...