We rode our bikes to the store this morning and when we came out of the store, the first downpour of the day had started. There sat my Omafiets in the pouring rain, wearing her new saddle cover.
by Samantha on May 29, 2011
by Samantha on February 22, 2011
I saw a bike locked up with one of these ‘Bike-Cuff” hand-cuff-style locks on my way to work the other day. I see them around once in a while. A few years ago I thought about investing in one, but I never came across enough information about them to warrant me buying one. I’m very […]
by Samantha on January 31, 2011
Near the end of last week the women from Po Campo threw out a tweet that one of them “almost” bought a pair of jeggings and wondered who was for or against them? Not too long after, Barb Chamberlain asked about them too, and then I sheepishly owned up to the fact that I had […]
by Samantha on January 5, 2011
A couple of weeks ago I published a post about cold-weather biking gear and mentioned some tights and over-the-knee socks I was ordering from Sock Dreams. Well they arrived, and they fit perfectly on my long tall plus-size legs! Wohoo! I’ve worn them out and about on a date with Mr. Ding before the holidays […]
by Samantha on December 9, 2010
About a week ago I wrote a post about using studded bike tires on a Dutch bike. This is my first winter riding an upright Dutch bike, and I had heard other Dutch bike owners who ride in Chicago year-round discuss the benefits of studded tires. The post received a lot of great comments from […]
by Samantha on December 7, 2010
A quick review of a couple of bike-themed vendors at the Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago.
by Samantha on September 26, 2010
Yes, I haven’t posted anything lately, and I promise to rectify that situation quickly with a lot of posts about the BikeWinter Chicago kick-off meeting, the ThinkBike workshop, and first off, the arrival of my new bike! This blog was inspired not only by our search for a suitably adapted bike for Little Ding, but […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Meet the Bike Friday Haul-a-Day Cargo Bike January 31, 2015
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Jeff Strehl-Roberts: Hello all, My name is Jeff Strehl-Roberts and I a...
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...