We had our first #BikeChi picnic brunch a couple of weeks ago – here’s the wrap-up post. All kinds of great city bikes.
by Samantha on August 31, 2014
by Samantha on July 27, 2014
This month I’m hosting a picnic bike brunch for everyone who bikes in Chicago. Grab your favorite summertime brunchy snack or drink and head on out to Arrigo Park near Loomis and Polk , near UIC on 8/17 at 11:00am.
by Jay Clark on October 15, 2012
Today I’ve got guest blogger Jay Clark here on Ding Ding Let’s Ride , with his rundown of a transit presentation by a couple of Chicago’s Aldermen after their recent trip to Copenhagen. Jay is an old friend and a long-time Chicago resident, runner, and cyclist. Check out his 100 Signs – 1,000 Steps blog – […]
by Samantha on September 27, 2011
Summer may be over but you wouldn’t know by the bike social calendar in Chicago! If you keep tabs on the little event calendar I maintain on the right side of this blog, you’ll see that in the new few weeks there are a ton of great bike events coming up and I’m only listing […]
by Samantha on September 5, 2011
Earlier this summer we bought ourselves a cargo bike – a bright orange Yuba Mundo! You can read about it in full detail in this earlier post I wrote. We are big big fans. There are a lot of different types of cargo bikes, from bakfiets, to box bikes, long johns, bucket bikes, and of course […]
by Samantha on August 22, 2011
***PLEASE NOTE – THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER *** Whole Foods Market and New Belgium Brewing are partnering to present a movie on the roof under the stars! Head on over to the Whole Foods Lincoln Park store onÂ (new date!)Â Tuesday, August 30th, for a special screening of Ferris Buellerâ€™s Day […]
by Samantha on July 31, 2011
The weekend before last, when the searing summer heat was just starting to kick in, The Slow Bicycle Society and The British Bicycles of Chicago club hosted a Seersucker Social bike ride. We started out at the Streetside Cafe and rode through Humboldt Park to the Boat House, then to the Blind Robin in Ukrainian […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Meet the Bike Friday Haul-a-Day Cargo Bike January 31, 2015
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Jeff Strehl-Roberts: Hello all, My name is Jeff Strehl-Roberts and I a...
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...