Today I’ve got guest blogger Jay Clark here on Ding Ding Let’s Ride , with his rundown of a transit presentation by a couple of Chicago’s Aldermen after their recent trip to Copenhagen. Jay is an old friend and a long-time Chicago resident, runner, and cyclist. Check out his 100 Signs – 1,000 Steps blog – […]
by Samantha on January 3, 2012
Happy New Year to everyone who stops by Ding Ding Let’s Ride! We’re ready for 2012 and with the first snow finally (!!) on the ground in Chicago, we’re thinking about cold-weather gear and Bike Winter tactics. It’s also the time of year when we look back on the infrastructure improvements that have been made […]
by Samantha on September 27, 2011
Summer may be over but you wouldn’t know by the bike social calendar in Chicago! If you keep tabs on the little event calendar I maintain on the right side of this blog, you’ll see that in the new few weeks there are a ton of great bike events coming up and I’m only listing […]
by Samantha on August 22, 2011
***PLEASE NOTE – THE DATE HAS BEEN CHANGE DUE TO WEATHER *** Whole Foods Market and New Belgium Brewing are partnering to present a movie on the roof under the stars! Head on over to the Whole Foods Lincoln Park store onÂ (new date!)Â Tuesday, August 30th, for a special screening of Ferris Buellerâ€™s Day […]
by Samantha on July 25, 2011
If you’re not familiar with New Belgium Brewing Company and their fairly well-known Fat TireÂ Amber Ale then you might not be familiar with the annual Tour de Fat – their multi-city festival that spreads the love of biking, and of course beer, around the country.Â This year 13 lucky cities are being visited by […]
by Samantha on March 23, 2011
I’m taking a moment here to help spread the word about the upcoming Ukrainian Village Neighborhood Association meeting on Thursday, April 14th, 2011 that will focus exclusively on all things bikes in Ukrainian Village.Â UVNA is a small association in a geographically small neighborhood in Chicago, butÂ the number of cyclists-residents in the neighborhood has […]
by Samantha on November 18, 2010
I had to make an unplanned trip home to Omaha last weekend (missed the Cocktail Ride, sadly) and while I was there I managed to find some extra time to stop by a great little bike shop that has opened downtown – the only bike shop in downtown Omaha by the way. Greenstreet Cycles is […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...
- Samantha: Great question! You just caused me to go look up t...
- John: I have a very similar Thule rack but it's only wei...
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...