A look back over the the various adaptive bikes we’ve had for our young rider, and the progress and biking skills he’s gained along the way.
by Samantha on February 24, 2013
by Samantha on March 15, 2011
Today I’m posting about a recent article on the Momentum Magazine site about adaptive bike designer Hal Honeyman who is also the owner of The Bike Rack out in St. Charles IL, and founder of Project Mobility. We bought the bike for Little Ding from The Bike Rack, and have attended a couple events where […]
by Samantha on January 26, 2011
Little Ding is doing a new round of physical therapy at the RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) and while we were waiting to start his session the other night we decided to check out a couple of the Freedom Concepts adaptive trikes they keep around to use as part of therapy. The RIC is a […]
by Samantha on August 26, 2010
Yes, yes, it’s not Friday yet, but ya got to start planning your weekend before Friday or you’ll hit yourself on the forehead and say D’oh!Â I wish I would have known about that event earlier in the week!” A lot of us ride every day, and use our bikes for our basic transportation. But […]
by Samantha on August 11, 2010
On Sunday we headed north to Osterman beach here in in Chicago for a BBQ, biking and kayaking party hosted by the folks from Adaptive Adventures. The great bike folks from Creative Mobility were there as well, with their trailer full of adaptive bikes. Since the beach is right at the northern turnaround for the […]
by Samantha on August 5, 2010
I got a lot of test-riding in last weekend, and the final brand of bikes that I had a chance to run around on were the recumbent trikes from Sun. Again, the folks at Latitude 45 Cycle & Sport in Petoskey, Michigan, were very helpful. I’ve never taken a ride on any sort of recumbent […]
by Samantha on July 27, 2010
As I build out the resources and events for this blog, I’m finding more and more adaptive biking events in the Chicago area. Here’s a combined kayak and bike clinic that I forgot to mention in Friday’s post about upcoming events. Adaptive Adventures along with Kayak Chicago is hosting an Adaptive Kayak and Cycling Clinic […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Fridays, Saturdays, & Tuesdays, Jan. 9th - Feb. 28th ABC's of Bicycle Maintenance Workshops (FREE!)
Saturday Jan.17th - Friday Jan. 23rd Roll the Cold Bike Challenge
Friday, Jan. 23rd, 6:30-9:00am Winter Bike to Work Day
Friday, Jan 20th 6pm The Polka Ride
Saturday, Feb. 6th - 27th 18th Chicago Bike Winter Art Show
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Family Biking Flashback: Bike the Drive 2009 January 10, 2015
- Come Join Us for The 2014 December Critical Lass Ride! December 5, 2014
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: I did not see this Kickstarter campaign, but I do ...
- Samantha: Thanks! Really great advice. Ziplock bags are ve...
- John Rezell: Did you see Bike Friday's Kickstarter campaign for...
- Keith Martin: I've been using the Two Wheel Gear model for about...
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...