A look back over the the various adaptive bikes we’ve had for our young rider, and the progress and biking skills he’s gained along the way.
by Samantha on February 24, 2013
by Samantha on March 15, 2011
Today I’m posting about a recent article on the Momentum Magazine site about adaptive bike designer Hal Honeyman who is also the owner of The Bike Rack out in St. Charles IL, and founder of Project Mobility. We bought the bike for Little Ding from The Bike Rack, and have attended a couple events where […]
by Samantha on January 26, 2011
Little Ding is doing a new round of physical therapy at the RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) and while we were waiting to start his session the other night we decided to check out a couple of the Freedom Concepts adaptive trikes they keep around to use as part of therapy. The RIC is a […]
by Samantha on August 26, 2010
Yes, yes, it’s not Friday yet, but ya got to start planning your weekend before Friday or you’ll hit yourself on the forehead and say D’oh!Â I wish I would have known about that event earlier in the week!” A lot of us ride every day, and use our bikes for our basic transportation. But […]
by Samantha on August 11, 2010
On Sunday we headed north to Osterman beach here in in Chicago for a BBQ, biking and kayaking party hosted by the folks from Adaptive Adventures. The great bike folks from Creative Mobility were there as well, with their trailer full of adaptive bikes. Since the beach is right at the northern turnaround for the […]
by Samantha on August 5, 2010
I got a lot of test-riding in last weekend, and the final brand of bikes that I had a chance to run around on were the recumbent trikes from Sun. Again, the folks at Latitude 45 Cycle & Sport in Petoskey, Michigan, were very helpful. I’ve never taken a ride on any sort of recumbent […]
by Samantha on July 27, 2010
As I build out the resources and events for this blog, I’m finding more and more adaptive biking events in the Chicago area. Here’s a combined kayak and bike clinic that I forgot to mention in Friday’s post about upcoming events. Adaptive Adventures along with Kayak Chicago is hosting an Adaptive Kayak and Cycling Clinic […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...
- Samantha: I didn't even think about something like that - br...
- ladyfleur: I can ride to the office in my work clothes just f...
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...