As you probably know, when I started this blog, I was researching adaptive bike options for the youngest rider in our family – LD, aka “Little Ding”. We discovered the folks at the The Bike Rack in St. Charles IL, who run Creative Mobility -they specialize in providing the right equipment needs for adaptive […]
by Samantha on March 15, 2011
Today I’m posting about a recent article on the Momentum Magazine site about adaptive bike designer Hal Honeyman who is also the owner of The Bike Rack out in St. Charles IL, and founder of Project Mobility. We bought the bike for Little Ding from The Bike Rack, and have attended a couple events where […]
by Samantha on January 26, 2011
Little Ding is doing a new round of physical therapy at the RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) and while we were waiting to start his session the other night we decided to check out a couple of the Freedom Concepts adaptive trikes they keep around to use as part of therapy. The RIC is a […]
by Samantha on January 13, 2011
One of the many great things about the adaptive bikes that I wrote about on Tuesday – JoRide Bikes – is that they are pretty affordable. Adaptive bikes can be very expensive – some cost as must as $2500! And that’s for a child’s bike that may well be outgrown. JoRide Bikes aren’t going to […]
by Samantha on January 11, 2011
While I may ride a Dutch bike, that’s not the standard bike for everyone in my family. My stepson a.k.a.Â “Little Ding” took up biking this past spring when we found a way to adapt a standard kid’s bike to work with some of the unique challenges his Cerebral Palsy brings to riding a bike. […]
by Samantha on November 25, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! From my Dutch family (those are our initials carved into the pie) to yours!
by Samantha on August 26, 2010
Yes, yes, it’s not Friday yet, but ya got to start planning your weekend before Friday or you’ll hit yourself on the forehead and say D’oh!Â I wish I would have known about that event earlier in the week!” A lot of us ride every day, and use our bikes for our basic transportation. But […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- Bike Talk: Breathable Padded Bike Shorts For Women June 22, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...