As you probably know, when I started this blog, I was researching adaptive bike options for the youngest rider in our family – LD, aka “Little Ding”. We discovered the folks at the The Bike Rack in St. Charles IL, who run Creative Mobility -they specialize in providing the right equipment needs for adaptive […]
by Samantha on March 15, 2011
Today I’m posting about a recent article on the Momentum Magazine site about adaptive bike designer Hal Honeyman who is also the owner of The Bike Rack out in St. Charles IL, and founder of Project Mobility. We bought the bike for Little Ding from The Bike Rack, and have attended a couple events where […]
by Samantha on January 26, 2011
Little Ding is doing a new round of physical therapy at the RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) and while we were waiting to start his session the other night we decided to check out a couple of the Freedom Concepts adaptive trikes they keep around to use as part of therapy. The RIC is a […]
by Samantha on January 13, 2011
One of the many great things about the adaptive bikes that I wrote about on Tuesday – JoRide Bikes – is that they are pretty affordable. Adaptive bikes can be very expensive – some cost as must as $2500! And that’s for a child’s bike that may well be outgrown. JoRide Bikes aren’t going to […]
by Samantha on January 11, 2011
While I may ride a Dutch bike, that’s not the standard bike for everyone in my family. My stepson a.k.a.Â “Little Ding” took up biking this past spring when we found a way to adapt a standard kid’s bike to work with some of the unique challenges his Cerebral Palsy brings to riding a bike. […]
by Samantha on November 25, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! From my Dutch family (those are our initials carved into the pie) to yours!
by Samantha on August 26, 2010
Yes, yes, it’s not Friday yet, but ya got to start planning your weekend before Friday or you’ll hit yourself on the forehead and say D’oh!Â I wish I would have known about that event earlier in the week!” A lot of us ride every day, and use our bikes for our basic transportation. But […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...
- Samantha: Great question! You just caused me to go look up t...
- John: I have a very similar Thule rack but it's only wei...
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...