As you probably know, when I started this blog, I was researching adaptive bike options for the youngest rider in our family – LD, aka “Little Ding”. We discovered the folks at the The Bike Rack in St. Charles IL, who run Creative Mobility -they specialize in providing the right equipment needs for adaptive […]
by Samantha on March 15, 2011
Today I’m posting about a recent article on the Momentum Magazine site about adaptive bike designer Hal Honeyman who is also the owner of The Bike Rack out in St. Charles IL, and founder of Project Mobility. We bought the bike for Little Ding from The Bike Rack, and have attended a couple events where […]
by Samantha on January 26, 2011
Little Ding is doing a new round of physical therapy at the RIC (Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago) and while we were waiting to start his session the other night we decided to check out a couple of the Freedom Concepts adaptive trikes they keep around to use as part of therapy. The RIC is a […]
by Samantha on January 13, 2011
One of the many great things about the adaptive bikes that I wrote about on Tuesday – JoRide Bikes – is that they are pretty affordable. Adaptive bikes can be very expensive – some cost as must as $2500! And that’s for a child’s bike that may well be outgrown. JoRide Bikes aren’t going to […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Wednesday, December 18th 6:30pm December Critical Lass Ride
Sunday, December 1st, 10:00am Roscoe Village Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 10:30am, Logan/Palmer Sqaure Kidical Mass
Saturday, December 14th, 12:00pm Dreidel Rampage
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from The Ding Ding Let’s Ride Family! November 27, 2013
- Chicago Kidical Mass Ride: Roscoe Village November 2013 November 5, 2013
- Hauling Mid-Century Furniture On A Cargo Bike September 9, 2013
- Reader Nominated Bike Parking Hall of Fame: Schubas Tavern September 6, 2013
- New Bike Helmet – To Sticker or Not? September 2, 2013
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Samantha: Sorry for the delayed response. Not sure about ex...
- Agatha Bitchy: How can you tell when a bike helmet is worn out? N...
- Girly Surly: Fall is the perfect time for bicycling. Let's rid...
- John Greenfield: As the guy who sited the bike racks several years ...
- Samantha: Approved...