I try to keep up my extensive list of the different types of adaptive bikes available for kids on my blog, and I’m always looking for an opportunity to check one out in person – usually with the help of our young rider LD to get the most expert kid-sized advice. Recently, Stacy from […]
by Samantha on April 14, 2013
by Samantha on March 23, 2013
The Pittsburgh branch of Variety Children’s Charity launched a “My Bike” Program in November to get adaptive bikes to special needs kids. They’re looking for more kids who will be as ecstatic as this 13-year old with Spina Bifida was, to have a bike they can ride on their more. An organization called Preston’s March is “continuing its […]
by Samantha on March 5, 2013
Thanks to groups like Variety – the Children’s Charity., kids who need expensive adaptive bikes can get access to them.
by Samantha on February 24, 2013
A look back over the the various adaptive bikes we’ve had for our young rider, and the progress and biking skills he’s gained along the way.
by Samantha on October 1, 2012
As you probably know, when I started this blog, I was researching adaptive bike options for the youngest rider in our family – LD, aka “Little Ding”. We discovered the folks at the The Bike Rack in St. Charles IL, who run Creative Mobility -they specialize in providing the right equipment needs for adaptive […]
by Samantha on March 15, 2011
Today I’m posting about a recent article on the Momentum Magazine site about adaptive bike designer Hal Honeyman who is also the owner of The Bike Rack out in St. Charles IL, and founder of Project Mobility. We bought the bike for Little Ding from The Bike Rack, and have attended a couple events where […]
by Samantha on February 10, 2011
While the Rifton is a similar kind of trike, there are a few elements that make it stand out from the Freedom Concepts trikes, and it is a little less expensive as well.
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
Sunday August 3rd, 7am-5pm Everybody Rides Benefit for Project Mobility (St. Charles IL)
Saturdays & Sundays throughout the Month Chicago Neighborhood Kidical Mass Rides
For even more Chicago cycling events check out the events calender on the chainlink.org
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Parking Along the Lakefront: That Big Boat That’s Actually A Yacht Club July 20, 2014
- How to Haul A Yuba Mundo Cargo Bike On Vacation July 6, 2014
- Have a Bike Happy 4th of July! July 4, 2014
- Bike Parking Fridays: Boat House & Vegan Bike Parking June 27, 2014
- Bike Talk: Breathable Padded Bike Shorts For Women June 22, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- JaneHealy: This was great. I have wanted a long tail bike fo...
- Samantha: Good question Steve - I'm curious too....
- steve hill: Just curious, how did you lock the bag to the fram...
- Samantha: Thanks! LittleD actually picked them out - though...
- Steven Vance: Ooh, I really like those chairs. Division Stree...