I try to keep up my extensive list of the different types of adaptive bikes available for kids on my blog, and I’m always looking for an opportunity to check one out in person – usually with the help of our young rider LD to get the most expert kid-sized advice. Recently, Stacy from […]
by Samantha on April 14, 2013
by Samantha on March 23, 2013
The Pittsburgh branch of Variety Children’s Charity launched a “My Bike” Program in November to get adaptive bikes to special needs kids. They’re looking for more kids who will be as ecstatic as this 13-year old with Spina Bifida was, to have a bike they can ride on their more. An organization called Preston’s March is “continuing its […]
by Samantha on March 5, 2013
Thanks to groups like Variety – the Children’s Charity., kids who need expensive adaptive bikes can get access to them.
by Samantha on February 24, 2013
A look back over the the various adaptive bikes we’ve had for our young rider, and the progress and biking skills he’s gained along the way.
by Samantha on October 1, 2012
As you probably know, when I started this blog, I was researching adaptive bike options for the youngest rider in our family – LD, aka “Little Ding”. We discovered the folks at the The Bike Rack in St. Charles IL, who run Creative Mobility -they specialize in providing the right equipment needs for adaptive […]
by Samantha on April 23, 2011
Last week, Heatherwood Elementary School – part of the Boulder Valley School District -held their annual Bike to School Day. With a little help from the folks at Assisted Cycling Tours and Boulder Cycle Sports, they had enough tandems and trikes for special needs kids to bike to school with their parents and friends. The […]
by Samantha on March 15, 2011
Today I’m posting about a recent article on the Momentum Magazine site about adaptive bike designer Hal Honeyman who is also the owner of The Bike Rack out in St. Charles IL, and founder of Project Mobility. We bought the bike for Little Ding from The Bike Rack, and have attended a couple events where […]
Upcoming Chicago Bike Events
- Adaptive Biking
- Bike Advocacy
- Bike Events
- Bike Gear & Clothing Reviews
- Bike Parking
- Bike Reviews
- Bike Shops
- Bike Winter
- Biking in Cities Outside Chicago
- Cargo Bikes
- Chicago Women Who Bike Events
- City Bikes
- City Commuting
- city rides
- Dutch Bikes
- Family Biking
- Folding Bikes
- Stolen Bikes & Bike Security
- Things You See When You're On A Bike..
- Bike Talk: Garment Panniers That Don’t Wrinkle Your Suit September 3, 2014
- You Missed A Great First #BikeChi Picnic Brunch August 31, 2014
- I Spy A Lovely Chicago-Made City Bike Downtown August 14, 2014
- Bike Shop Grand Opening and a Cargo Bike Roll Call August 3, 2014
- Come to the #BikeChi Bike Brunch Sunday August 17th July 27, 2014
- We Have a New Bike! Welcome the Yuba Mundo! May 22, 2011
- Cold-Weather City Biking: Suggestions & Some New Finds December 20, 2010
- Bike Winter Chicago – Studded Bike Tires on Dutch Bikes? November 29, 2010
- Bike Review: Gazelle Toer Populair March 22, 2011
- An Orange Public Bike on Hubbard Street August 2, 2011
- janet1957: I have the same set, mint condition to sell if any...
- Samantha: I didn't even think about something like that - br...
- ladyfleur: I can ride to the office in my work clothes just f...
- Meghan Mc: Love the idea of these Bike brunches! Awesome. Als...
- Samantha: Glad you found it useful. There is a newish family...